TITLE: DATA COORDINATOR
POSITION: FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK), NON-EXEMPT
COMPENSATION: DOE; EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE INSURANCE, 403(b), PAID VACATION AND HOLIDAYS
LOCATION: 2012 PINE STREET, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115
Are you interested in using your aptitude for math and data to directly impact the future of young people? Do you believe a person’s first paycheck is a milestone event? Do you get jazzed every time you double check your work and find you got it right the first time? If you answered yes three times, we want to meet you.
The Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC) Youth Workforce Programs provides youth development opportunities disguised as jobs to 3000 San Franciscans annually. Through these jobs, youth gain knowledge and experiences that directly impact their life paths. JCYC Youth Workforce Programs consists of some of the largest youth employment programs in San Francisco, and includes MYEEP, SF YouthWorks, Project Pull, Opportunities for All and JCYC STEM Academy. For more information about JCYC, visit www.jcyc.org.
Under the supervision of the JCYC Workforce Director, the Data Coordinator will be a member of the Workforce Team at JCYC whose primary role is to prepare data of all JCYC Youth Workforce Programs for final processing. Preparation includes data management across Salesforce and ADP platform that supports alternating bi-weekly pay schedules. In addition to payroll and data management responsibilities, the Payroll Clerk supports the implementation all the JCYC Workforce Programs and will have the opportunity to develop leadership and program planning skills.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled professional and strong team player who can effectively work in a time intense environment. The candidate must be detail-orientated, and able to manage multiple administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must enjoys building new professional relations and providing good customer service as well as relishes the challenge of problem-solving and developing new competencies. The candidate is an avid user of technology and open to learning as systems evolve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Process payroll on a weekly basis;
• Maintain ADP WorkforceNow database;
• Verification of electronic timecard and employee data;
• Prepare data sets for import from Salesforce.com to ADP platforms;
• Moving data sets across Salesforce.com to ADP platforms;
• Provide ADP support to platform users - program participants, staff and supervisors;
• Handle complaints or questions regarding discrepancies in data;
• Participate in planning process for Department Programs;
• Attend program and agency events which may include weekend and overnight retreats/trainings;
• Work with staff members from across JCYC on Agency-wide mission driven activities;
• Support program specific civic engagement activities to ensure participants understand the importance of participating in the democratic process;
• Participate in advocacy initiatives prioritized by JCYC;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional organization skills
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skill
• High Excel proficiency
• 1 year of experience managing data sets
• Proven track record of providing high levels customer service in tense settings
• Experience using ADP WorkforceNow
• Experience as an ADP Workforce Now Practitioner
• Experience using Salesforce.com platform
• Experience moving data across electronic platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building professional relationships
• 3 years of related work experience
• BA/BS from an accredited college or four years of related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls or visits please! Email resume and cover letter to: workforce_positions AT jcyc.org.
PLEASE NOTE: JCYC actively seeks to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, JCYC will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.
Culture & Perks