JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator, JCYC Upward Bound
Supervisors: Patricia Justafort, Upward Bound Associate Director and Emalyn Lapus, Director of College Access Programs
Position: Full-time 40 hrs/week, Non-Exempt position; some evenings & weekends
Start Date: Open until filled
Funding Source: U.S. Department of Education (DOE); Continuation of position based on renewal of annual funding
PROGRAM: The Upward Bound (UB) Program identifies, selects and assists low-income high school youth that have the potential to be the first generation in their family to attend college. UB provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their pre-college performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. The goal of UB is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education. UB is committed to creating supportive relationships with students and providing safe environments for students to grow personally and academically. UB is committed to:
1. Providing academic and advising services at school sites and in the community.
2. Serving all students without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, religious creed, national origin, age and economic status.
3. Assisting and acting as resource to all who are interested in continuing their education.
4. Collaborating with the JCYC College Access Programs to sponsor events, develop staff training and assess our programs.
DESCRIPTION: The JCYC Upward Bound Program Coordinator is a core member of the JCYC College access team. In addition to coordinating overall office management, the Program Coordinator will assist in planning, implementation, and evaluation of the project services and activities for JCYC Upward Bound. The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Associate Director (AD) and will work closely with the Project Director (PD) as well as direct service teams and agency staff.
1. Manages administrative workflow and compliance (including monitoring phone lines and emails, program sign in sheets, emergency forms, purchasing office supplies, etc.).
2. Prepare and maintain files for all staff and participants
3. Track students and input student information into our database/server
4. Support PD and AD in managing program reports, calendaring tasks and deadlines, preparing correspondence and coordinating meetings;
5. Support PD and AD with program planning, staff retreats and teambuilding efforts;
6. Manage and organize marketing and fundraising efforts;
7. Facilitate communication and administrative work among all staff;
8. Maintain documentation of the project’s budgetary activities including providing projected costs for various activities
9. Provide administrative support including managing business accounts, reconciling credit card receipts and preparing check requests;
10. Assist in the preparation of office correspondence, documents, program materials and meeting minutes;
11. Work collectively with Human Resources, Fiscal and administrative teams within the agency.
12. Update and maintain program materials.
1. Coordinate academic, social and cultural fieldtrips through the year.
2. Assist in the identification, recruitment, and selection of program participants (when appropriate) and collaborate with other JCYC programs (Talent Search, MYEEP, YouthWorks, etc.) to accept referrals of potential program applicants.
3. Assist the AD in the process of program and school site evaluations, including collecting and analyzing youth and partner feedback.
4. Assist in the implementation of Saturday College Program, and various other program activities.
5. Assist AD in recruiting, hiring and training direct service staff
OTHER PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
1. Participate in ETS/SFCAC/UB/JCYC meetings, activities, committees, conferences, retreats, etc., as appropriate;
2. Ability to represent the agency to external stakeholders;
3. Weekend, evening and overnight duties
4. Perform related duties as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
EXPERIENCE: One or more year(s) experience working in a motivated office setting and managing multiple projects.
• Strong aptitude in using multi-media technology
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Experience working with diverse youth from a range of backgrounds and circumstances
• Proven ability to problem solve, manage multiple projects, and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting with or without supervision
• Bilingual preferred (Cantonese, Mandarin, and/or Spanish)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with both youth and adults
• Passion for the overall goals and vision of JCYC Upward Bound
• Salesforce database experience
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants MUST submit ALL of the following: 1) Resume and 2) Cover Letter to Patricia Justafort, UB Associate Director: upwardbound AT jcyc.org
PLEASE NOTE: Upward Bound, a program of JCYC, actively seek to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.
Culture & Perks