Position Announcement and Career Opportunity
Early Childhood Educator-Child Development Center – Burbank, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Burbank Community YMCA Child Development Center is looking for passionate Early Childhood Educators to join our progressive teaching team. As a recognized NAEYC Accredited program within the community, we operate solely on play-based methods of teaching and traditional early childhood pedagogy, influenced by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and emergent thinking. Ideal candidates must be open to working with all ages and have a strong passion for the field of early childhood education and making a difference in children and families lives. Additionally, ideal educators should be willing to get messy, be comfortable with animals and their care, and simply love to play as a career choice!
We offer great benefits to our staff that include, but are not limited to; complete medical and dental, including chiropractic services, vision, generous paid time off, 403b retirement plan, and of course, the benefit of working for a leading non-profit organization.
• BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
• AA or a minimum of 12 units in Child development covering child growth & development, early childhood principles and practices, home, school, and community, and curriculum is required.
• 3 units in infant/toddler education
• Knowledge and experience working in a progressive Reggio Approach based environment a plus. Training provided upon hire for interested candidates.
• Strong belief in play-based learning.
• Experience with DRDP’s or other formal developmental assessment systems a plus. Training provided upon hire for ideal candidates.
• Computer Literacy in word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
• Experience working in a NAEYC Accredited program a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AT A GLANCE:
• Utilizes emergent thinking methods when lesson-planning, enhancing the Reggio classroom environments based on children’s needs and interests.
• Utilizes positive behavior and guidance techniques that teach children problem solving skills and self-management skills. We are a “Timeout” free school.
• Communicates daily with parents and families in an effort to maintain strong positive relationships.
• Adheres to Title 22 Regulations, including safety and cleanliness guidelines.
• Attends mandatory monthly meetings and trainings.
• Utilizes weekly planning time to develop lesson plans and complete DRDP Assessments.
• Ensures developmentally appropriate adult/child interactions.
• Be willing to work with any age group.
• Communicate daily with co-teachers to maintain a strong and positive teaching team.
SALARY/PAY RATE: $13.00-$18.00/ depending on education and experience.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at the Burbank Community YMCA Child Development Center, 332 E. San Jose Ave., Burbank, CA 91502.
Phone calls and inquiry are always welcome! Come join us!
TO PROVIDE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES LIFELONG OPPORTUNITIES TO BECOME STRONGER IN SPIRIT, MIND AND BODY.
The Burbank Community YMCA has been at the heart of our community since 1924. We’ve been listening and responding to our members, friends and neighbors needs for over 90 years.
We bring people together to connect diverse groups of all ages and backgrounds because we know we have the greatest influence when our community comes together for the common good.
We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. We are the leading voice on health and well-being for all. And we are committed to giving back, providing support and responding to our community, our city, and our country’s most critical social needs.
As a result, countless numbers of youth, adults and families are receiving the guidance and resources they need to achieve greater health and well being. Let’s all grow, learn and thrive together.