SBTC is a non-profit organization. We help schools and other non-profits succeed in their missions by fixing and improving their IT.
Which means we do good work, for good people, that helps the communities we live in. We look and sound like a Managed Service Provider (MSP) most of the time, except that there's no selling or 'upsell' in anything we do. It's just you and the rest of our team, fixing/improving the tech, so our clients can do their own good work more efficiently and effectively. It's kind of awesome.
This position requires some experience. A Network+ and/or CCNA are an excellent start, but we'd still like to see some real-world, hands on projects you've been involved with.
- Familiarity with and ability to configure moderate to complex network structures, such as inter-VLAN routing
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve moderate to complex network issues, such as rogue DHCP servers, network loops, mid-span equipment failures
- Ability to learn and administer various technical management systems, such as RMM and MDM software packages (existing or new deployment)
- Familairity with server configuration and setup (Windows primarily). Azure/AWS experience a plus.
- Ability to work with technical personnel and vendors in a technical capacity
- Ability to work with non-technical personnel and clients in a problem-analysis-resolution capacity
- Excellent documentation habits
- This position requires local travel to client sites, all within approximately a 40 mile radius of our Des Plaines office. No overnight travel is required.
- All SBTC technical positions have 1 day per week at client sites as a technician assigned, so that we do not lose touch with support operations.
- High level of on-going communication about issues, supporting our team approach to issue resolution
- Experience with customer service
- Experience with employee / team training delivery
- Experience with small to medium project management
- Experience with calendar-based / time-sensitive project deliverables
- Self-directed ability to pursue and complete milestones
- This position works 5 weekdays per week, except defined holidays
- This position works a 7 hour day, between the hours of 8AM and 4PM.
- This position works out of our downtown Des Plaines office, but may be dispatched to one or more sites on a given day (or have advanced-scheduled projects to go to directly)