Responsibilities: Report to the General Manager and Kitchen Manager for the following areas and duties, including but not limited to:
• Ordering essential products to include paper, cleaning supplies, all FOH sysco products, beverages and some specialty food vendors
• Evaluate cost savings/reductions
• Weekly and monthly inventory of products
• Manage utility staff
• Maintain storerooms
• Oversee all receiving, stock, and rotation if all food, specialty food and paper supply products
• Maintain order guides and vendor communication
• Pull (compile) and load grocery carts of products requested by store managers to restock grocery shelves - In-Store operations/guest service
• Manage store safety program
• Maintains department staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
• Acts as store manager including but not limited to handling escalated customer service issues, resolving associate conflicts, takes special orders, offer suggestions about different products, and apologizes should a customer have a negative experience in the store
• Takes proactive approach to ensure the day to day operations of the location are able to run smoothly and without interruption
• Maintain regular and prompt attendance in conformation with company standards and policies. Employees with irregular attendance may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Consistent time and attendance are essential to the successful operation of the department.
• Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and guests at all times. Maintain a professional and hygienic appearance at all times. Report to work in a clean and complete uniform.
• Assist in hiring, training, discipline and terminations of utility staff.
Unique environment, award winning people focused company and a challenging yet rewarding position
Tastes on the Fly is an innovative leader in bringing quality dining experiences to the airport environment. We bring the same high-quality cuisine and service that would rival any street location and we partner with notable restaurateurs and local purveyors.
We are an expanding company with various concepts in several airports nationally and have received numerous accolades for our commitment to providing quality food and impeccable service inside airports. We believe “airport dining” should not be an exception to “excellent dining”.
Interested? Tastes on the Fly San Francisco is seeking a positive, committed and hands on Manager for our Samovar Location, in the International Terminal at the San Francisco Airport.