POSITION: Area Community Manager (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
DIRECT REPORT: Portfolio Manager
This full-time position will reward your skills as a community manager where your primary responsibilities are protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of the community while maximizing the living experience for the resident and the community over several close, geographically located communities. Areas not to exceed four (4) communities, including their primary community.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience as Community Manager in residential property management. Must have a strong working knowledge of leasing, marketing, construction, residential law, and resident relations.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between communities up to 20% of the time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze a monthly financial statement and prepare detailed budgets and operating forecasts. Ability to note deviations from the financial plan, determine causes and to provide recommendations to the company on required action plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out industry-specific written and oral direction. A positive, innovative approach to problem-solving. Presents ideas in clear, concise, understandable and organized.
- Ability to work independently as a project leader and team member. Ability to relate well with others even while working at a distance or remotely.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Excellent time management and general organization skills.
- Neat, professional appearance. Strong client relations skills and previous supervisory experience is required.
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal’s Core Values every day and bring them to multiple sites and large teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Maintain all responsibilities of Community Manager for the assigned communities, via direct oversight of the primary community. Act as an advisor with to sister communities.
- Mentor and assist with day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, leasing, and ongoing facility upkeep at sister communities with the area of communities assigned to you.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with team members, residents, clients and the public. Strive for improvements in communities’ performance to meet or exceed annual financial and operational goals at all communities assigned to you.
- Successfully lead onsite maintenance team members, office and leasing team members at main community and assist with sister communities assigned to you.
- Assist with resident relations as they pertain to coordinating request for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues, and other resident concerns at main community and assist with those needing to be escalated before going to a cell team member.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following the lease obligation of residents at main community and assist team members at sister communities assigned to you.
- Participate in Cardinal U training as required and additional training if pursuing additional development and growth. Monitor team member participation in Cardinal U, training webinars and professional development.
- Travel to sister communities at least twice per month.
- Provide insight on data integrity for all communities prior to submission to HQ.
- Champion Cardinal Culture through all communities.
- Review of Budget Comparison each month for all communities. Discuss variances with Community Managers in the designated area.
- Review A/R with notes each month and send course of action recommendations to APM.
- Provide additional oversight for the quality of payables, quality of collections submissions and reclass and accruals.
- Work with onsite CWoL trainers to ensure best pre-leasing practices including conducting onsite shops, shadowing tours and listening to phone calls.
- Ensure Entrata Dashboard best practices are consistent ensuring functionality and minimizing inundation of dead leads.
- Review Cardinal U compliance each week and help provide coverage for teams when a team member needs to complete courses.
- Identify the number of reviews coming in for the month against goals to improve and maintain ORA score per company standards.
- Work with teams on how to overcome objectives to secure reviews.
- Identify trends in online reviews to provide recommendations to improve onsite operations/practices.
- Assist with recruiting and Newton accountability for all communities. In the event that there is a vacancy in Community Manager, the Area Manager will become the primary point of contact and will be designated as the hiring manager for the open position.
- Assist with new team member onboarding and training as needed.
- Provide leadership to Community Managers and Maintenance Team Leads of designated area communities.
- Provide additional onsite oversight such as lease file audits, community report cards, and White Glove report for all communities.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Licenses & Certifications
Cert Apt Port. Supervisor
Cert Apt ManagerAbout Stuho Student Housing
Stuho is a student housing management company created for the savvy, modern student. We offer a menu approach to accommodation selection. Depending on budget and lifestyle, students can choose from a wide array of room types and amenities from private rooms with private baths to shared rooms with shared baths. Stuho offers rooms-for-rent, apartments and houses all within walking distance to the USC campus.