Warehouse Operations Part-Time – Newark, CA
compensation: $15 +Health +Benefits
employment type: Part-time – Flexible days (Sun – Fri) 20-30 hrs per week
Come join a great team at a small, expanding company with the opportunity for career growth. We have awesome people, a great culture, competitive benefits, available overtime, and more. This is direct-hire, seasonal job to support our growth.
World Pantry is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area based e-commerce company specializing in gourmet, natural and organic foods. We partner with leading food companies to handle their direct to consumer e-commerce businesses. We currently manage over 60 webstores including: Celestial Seasonings, Nature's Path, Hershey’s, Numi Tea, Torani, and many other great brands.
Founded in 1998, the business has averaged over +20% growth per year. We have achieved this growth by delivering outstanding service to our customers and partners and by creating and developing a great team of talented people.
We are looking to expand our team of smart, talented people to support our growth. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, rapidly expanding company and to grow and develop your skills and career. We are an open management style company and the ideal candidate will help contribute to our positive team culture and share our values of: outstanding service; respect; collaboration; continuous learning; personal responsibility and accountability; and having fun at work.
Here are some of the things we offer:
* A generous discount on the products we sell.
* The opportunity to advance your career within Operations or within other areas of the company.
* Snacks! Now who can't use a little chocolate to get them through the day?
* Flexible work hours and days.
* Overtime hours are typically available, especially during the holiday season.
* A place where all the leaders of the company know your name and want to see you grow professionally.
* As a part-time associate you will earn PTO.
Operations Associates take ownership for all aspects of picking orders and shipping products to consumers as well as receiving/stocking inbound products onto shelves, performing cycle counts and other work:
* order selection
* packing orders for shipment
* shipping packages
* stocking and organizing warehouse shelves
* must be comfortable using rolling, 12-foot ladders for order picking and product put-away
The successful candidates must have the following attributes:
* highly energetic – there is always something that needs to be done
* a strong desire to continually learn and improve
* be highly organized and neat
* have a detail orientation
* have the ability to work well in a small company setting
* be team players and have a knack for helping the team succeed
* be flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
* possess a customer focused orientation
* a strong work ethic
* ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* basic math skills required
* legible handwriting is important
* previous warehouse experience is a plus but is not required
* $15.75 per hour total compensation to start ($15.00 per hour base with option for monthly PTO payout at $0.75/hour worked).
* 40% employee discount
During non-peak season (Jan-Sep) our hours of operation are generally 10 AM – 8 PM, Sunday – Friday. Part-time associates are scheduled for approximately 20 hrs per week during this time
During our peak season (Oct-Dec) our hours of operation to 10AM – Midnight, Sunday – Friday and then include most Saturdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Part-time associates are generally scheduled for 25-30 hours per week during this time.
Location: 8620 Thornton Avenue, Newark, CA
At World Pantry, we’re dedicated to breaking down the barriers between you and your customers. We provide a turn-key solution for branded webstores that empowers you to establish and grow a direct relationship with your most loyal customers via direct–to–consumer sales. We believe that exceptional service is a key part of any winning online strategy. Together with our brand partners, we’re bringing joy to e-commerce.