COMPENSATION DOE + Full Benefits
PROGRAM Data and Evaluation| 832 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO Director of Data and Evaluation
WORK SCHEDULE Monday - Friday: 9:00am-5:30 pm
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across six sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
Over the last 30+ years, Hamilton Families has become one of the most recognized leaders addressing the rising homelessness challenges in the U.S. With 1 in 30 students in the San Francisco Unified School District experiencing homelessness, Hamilton Families (HF) is leading the City’s efforts to end family homelessness and beginning to develop a regional strategy. Using data to drive our efforts, we focus on impact and long-term solutions to tackle this seemingly intractable problem. We are implementing a plan to significantly reduce family homelessness in San Francisco, and in recent years have partnered with organizations such as the Giants, Google, Salesforce, Twitter, Airbnb, government officials and the wider Bay Area community.
Hamilton Families’ work is rooted in a whole-family approach, providing supportive services to children and their parents to alleviate the trauma associated with homelessness and provide the tools and resources necessary to ensure long-term financial stability. This methodology addresses the needs of parents and children to ensure that families heal and rebuild their lives together. This dynamic approach helps to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by promoting the well- being of all of the individuals with whom they work.
The Data Systems Manager is a key role for the Data and Evaluation department. Reporting to the Director of Data and Evaluation, the Data Systems Manager will act as the primary administrator of Hamilton Families’ Salesforce data management system to coordinate the collection, storage, and retrieval of participant and program-level data. This role provides critical support for the department’s program evaluation and reporting by ensuring that the database is user- friendly and able to produce timely and accurate information. The Data Systems Manager will work closely with the Director to help foster an organizational culture of data fluency and appreciation for data management systems and the use of data to inform program improvement and learning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as primary system administrator for the agency’s Salesforce.com environment with 130+ users
• Advocate for consistent adoption and strategic use of Salesforce across the organization
• Partner with program leadership to provide coaching around best practices and tips on Salesforce usage
• Develop and create customized reports and dashboards for teams and staff as needed
• Curate agency data for use in compliance/reporting, education, and marketing purposes
• Work with leadership to foster program development and report on objectives and outcomes using Salesforce
• Configure and maintain the database, ensuring the integrity of data and security of the system
• Manage user security and data access in Salesforce with proper permissions, profiles, licenses and roles
• Perform routine and basic administration of Salesforce, including but not limited to managing custom configurations and metadata (fields, page layouts, record types, picklists, etc.), modifying process automations, managing Salesforce usage and limits, backups, data import and exports, approval processes, work flows
• Assist users to ensure excellent data quality, including identification and merging of duplicate records, correcting/overriding automated record updates, and development of data quality reports and dashboards
• Provide training and technical assistance/user support:
• Assist with Salesforce onboard training of new staff
• Develop in-service training and deliver training regularly to ensure staff are proficient users of the database.
• Maintain user-friendly training materials and documentation of processes and procedures to support the database users
• Develop and conduct ongoing training sessions for staff on new functionalities and database changes
• Provide support and troubleshooting to all HF users of Salesforce
• Work with program staff and leaders to create and/or revise forms, surveys and other collection tools that support their work with participants, quality assurance, and program evaluation efforts
• Oversee integration of cloud-based systems with Salesforce (e.g., DocuSign, Conga, FormAssembly, etc.)
• Automate existing tools where possible to ensure fast and accurate collection
• Accurately analyze and report data to lead the evaluation of services and inform program development and strategic planning
• Observe and make recommendations for improvements in agency data systems
• Collect user requirements for enhancements to the system by facilitating appropriate internal discussions
• Assist with data migration from other systems as needed
• Research, learn, and incorporate new database functionalities where appropriate
• Assist with supervision of data-related interns, volunteers, and consultants as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• 2+ years of Salesforce experience, Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201) certification strongly preferred
• Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate to advanced complexity
• Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
• Strong data management abilities
• Experience working with and/or analyzing nonprofit data preferred
• Experience using data to evaluate outcomes preferred
• Knowledge of statistical analysis software (i.e. SPSS, Stata, MATLAB) a plus
• Proficiency with Excel, including formulas, filtering and data formatting
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to be flexible
• Understanding of database design and coding experience desirable
• Appetite for solving problems through technology
• Passion for the mission of HF to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others and display diplomatic and strong communication skills with colleagues and client stakeholders
• Adept with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products
• Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects with demanding deadlines, strong organizational abilities, and the demonstrated ability to maintain a quality workplace in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Strong commitment to collaboration; ability to work independently as well as a member of a team. Must be able to model and demonstrate exceptional professional boundaries.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.). Good meeting facilitation skills.
• Essential job functions include using a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal; ability to follow reasonable ergonomic accommodations; sit and stand for long intervals; reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds depending on position; and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
• Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and documentation required post offer.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24-Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. HF also offers a $1,000 educational stipend to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, education reimbursement, and other great long- term benefits!
• To submit an application, please click the blue APPLY button below or above.
• Attach resume AND a brief letter of interest.
• No faxes or phone calls.
• Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1985, Hamilton Families established San Francisco’s first shelter for families experiencing homelessness. Today we are San Francisco’s leading service provider to homeless families, with an array of highly effective programs at sites in San Francisco and Oakland.
Hamilton Shelter Program in the Tenderloin provides safe shelter, three meals a day and critical social services to 50 families a night for up to six months.
Hamilton Transitional Housing houses and supports up to 25 families at high risk for chronic homelessness for 6 to 18 months. Families receive intensive social services to identify and address factors contributing to their homelessness.
Hamilton Housing Solutions prevents homelessness whenever possible and assists families who have become homeless with housing search assistance, temporary rent assistance, case management, job search and other services for up to 18 months to help them find and retain a permanent home.
Children’s Services are integrated throughout all our programs, providing therapeutic support and enrichment activities to strengthen children’s resiliency, promote academic success and enhance the parent-child bond.
Culture & Perks