Essential Functions: · Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, regulations and ordinances governing the conduct of patrons in the pool area.
· Maintains order, anticipate hazardous situations and take steps to prevent them.
· Perform rescues and administer first aid/CPR as necessary. · Use proper rescue equipment and techniques.
· Assist in the overall operations of the pool, including opening and closing.
· Maintain a clean and debris free pool, pool area and locker room facilities.
· Maintain lifeguard dress code and follows appropriate conduct of a Lifeguard.
· Maintain positive, professional and polite public relations.
· Be a model for new staff including Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, and Cashiers.
· Attend staff meetings and training.
· Maintain chemistry records and logs and conducts necessary maintenance for proper pool operations.
· Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the Rec. center community.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training. Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. Physical Demands: This position performs most duties and is located in an outdoor, aquatic environment in a typically work around wet and/or slippery surface. There may be exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, heat, cold, sun, and inclement weather conditions. They will be required to perform heavy manual lifting as needed to maintain pool. Must also be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time and remain focused.
The Highlands Recreation District is dedicated to providing beneficial, safe and enriching programs and services to the Highlands Community.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks