Join our team! The leading trade association in the construction industry is seeking a Regional Director for the Southern California region to lead, manage and mentor the business development and engagement team in the assigned region. This position is responsible for all sales, recruitment and retention of membership in the Southern California region. The Regional Director manages member processes and practices across multiple districts.
The primary job duties are as follows:
• Develops and increases sales revenue to meet annual goals and strategic targets within the Southern California Region. Responsible for attending outside sales meetings and sales related activities. Meets annual member retention goals and strategic targets within Southern California region.
• Leads member retention vision, strategy and service plan for assigned the Southern California region. • • • Establishes protocols and procedures for meeting consistent delivery of services and outstanding customer service. Responsible for increased retention rates year over year in assigned Southern California region.
• Develops strong relationships with key industry partners, existing and new members to build an influential network to facilitate and drive collaboration across multiple channels.
• Develops short and long-term engagement strategy working with cross functional teams and team members such as; government affairs, events, communications & marketing, IT, workforce development and others.
• Develops regional member strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer service is maintained with cross functional team members.
• Responsible scheduling & coordinating district boards meetings. Develops engaging meeting agenda and materials.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; four to five years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in a four-year college our university
• Minimum of four to five years of experience in sales
• Leadership skills and the ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate with diverse groups of people within the construction industry
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; effective, diplomatic and friendly communication style. • • Comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relations with other departments, agencies
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a remote environment (self-direction is a must)
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
• Flexibility to travel mostly in-region; periodically across the state
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Strong organizational skill with a good attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently and show excellent time management skills
• Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervise the regional staff.
TRAVEL:The travel requirement for this position is 75% within the Bay Area region with some statewide travel.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $100,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1920, the Associated General Contractors of California is the premier organization of choice for both experienced and next generation construction and contracting professionals. Through dedicated advocacy, education, career development and networking opportunities, AGC members receive top-tier access with state and local governments, while connecting with industry leaders through responsive services and innovative programs and events.
We believe the construction industry is vital to the success of California. Together, our members actively create opportunities to build and strengthen our state. We are passionate about shaping policy, improving industry relationships, and developing our workforce.