The Bilingual Digital Literacy Instructor will be energetic and enthusiastic about providing quality digital literacy training to English- and Spanish-speaking learners and collaborating with team members to develop and improve digital literacy programs. We are looking for a personable, hard-working team player who is open to learning new things, able to work on their own initiative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate should be passionate about digital literacy and public access to technology. The Digital Literacy Instructor will report to the Digital Literacy Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Deliver Digital Literacy Training
• Participate in and support outreach activities to gain program participation.
• Complete and document in-person assessments of individuals to determine computer skills and training needs.
• Follow established curriculum to provide training to help adults learn and practice basic computer skills and using the Internet.
Service Delivery Coordination
• Proactively communicate schedule and program issues to Program Manager for timely resolution.
• Provide timely and informative response to team and manager communication to support effective program coordination and delivery.
• Support and/or complete activities and tasks to prepare devices and materials for scheduled classes.
• Attend scheduled meetings to assist with coordination of service delivery.
• Support evaluation efforts related to programs.
Data Management & Reporting
• Ensure that all setup/breakdown and instruction hours are reported for each shift
• Collect and report additional data about programs, services, and volunteers, as needed by CTN
• Represent CTN at community-based events
• Use social media to share positive information about CTN programs
• Excellent Spanish/English bilingual written and oral communication skills
• High School graduate
• Strong interest in CTN’s mission
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Computer and Internet proficiency, and a willingness to learn new technology tools
• One year experience delivering tutoring or training to adults
• Reliability and willingness to be flexible
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A community service track record
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
IDEAL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS
• Experience using Chromebook, cloud-based technology, such as Google Drive, and Dropbox
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and be calm under pressure
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to solve problems and think strategically
• Experience working with low income adults, seniors and/or persons with disabilities
-Community Tech Network transforms lives through teaching digital literacy. The ability to use digital tools to find, analyze, create, and communicate information is a critical skill for the survival and quality of life of people everywhere. CTN works with a variety of under-served populations in the Bay Area to improve their digital literacy through training and education.
Culture & Perks