Manzanita Charter School is a parent co-operative public charter school serving a diverse student population in Richmond. Now in our 20th year, we are the proud recipient of the California Distinguished School Award and were voted Best Charter Middle School in Contra Costa County in The Parent’s Press 2012.
Our families and students value our developmentally appropriate curriculum, nurturing environment, and experiential focus for learning. Our faculty and staff members value their opportunities for collaboration and experimentation, and the high level of family involvement and support.
• Curriculum development and implementation for 7th and 8th Grade Science
• All aspects of setting up and running the classroom
• Classroom instruction
• Student assessments/evaluations and parent teacher conferences
• Regular communication with staff and parents including weekly staff meetings, monthly membership meetings and Board meetings
• Various aspects of school administration
We are seeking an energetic candidate who:
• Has a Single Subject Teaching Credential in Science preferred
• Interns are encouraged to apply
• Values and enjoys collaboration with teachers, administrators and parents
• Has excellent communication skills with both students and adults and energetic personality and a good sense of humor
• Has excellent communication skills with both students and adults
• Experience with middle school aged students a plus
• Bilingual Spanish a plus
• Charter experience a plus
Benefits include medical, dental and vision (employee covered at 100% / dependents covered at 50%). Plus, all teachers at Manzanita participate in the excellent STRS retirement fund and enjoy a safe supportive environment and a strong voice at the school.
Starting salary is $48,000 - $52,000 depending on experience.
Manzanita Charter Middle School is a small, public cooperative charter school in Richmond California where teachers co-create the school's learning environment.
Culture & Perks