Reform for Illinois is seeking a new member for our growing team. Strong candidates will excel in business operations, financial management, and demonstrate exceptional communication skills. The business and communications manager will support outreach communications, including donor correspondence. This individual will also manage our operations, including event planning, general office management, procurement of office resources, as well as bookkeeping.
- Manage all financial records (checks, etc.) and invoices, thank you letters, etc.
- Manage payroll, QuickBooks, and payments to vendors.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation reports and additional correspondence with RFI accounting firm.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of all internal operations and communications
- Attend staff, board, and other relevant meetings as necessary
- Provide various office duties: telephone, paper, and email communication
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact of RFI
- Assist with the production of key communication tools such as an e-newsletter, other electronic publications, including social media posts/tweets.
- Oversee intern-led social media campaigns; track and monitor social media engagement
- Oversee the production, printing, and circulation of outreach materials (brochures, flyers, articles, press releases, website and background materials)
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- The BCM will assist the Executive Director and the Board of Directors (Board) with the management and implementation of fundraising and other outreach events
- Manage paper and electronic fundraising platforms (Causevox, Salesforce) donations on a day-to-day basis
- Plan and implement fundraising events, coordinate donor appeals, stewardship events.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining excellent communication and relationship building with grant funders and private donors.
- Maintain complete and accurate fundraising records and attendee records at all times
- Intern Recruitment: Help field intern and fellowship applications via job boards and web-postings. Conduct phone interviews and schedule in-person interviews for final round intern and fellow job candidates.
- Support organization’s human resources, including responsibility for hiring, evaluation, and employee policies for support staff (interns, fellows).
- Support Executive Director in the creation and updating of a human resources policies & manual
This position is a full time (30 hours/week) position with 10 paid vacation days.
Requirements for this position include:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Event planning experience
- Strong work ethic and interest in government reform
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years prior experience in event planning, office administration, or nonprofit management. Candidates should be self-starters with the ability to work independently. A Bachelor's degree is required. Salary commensurate with experience. The RFI is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan nonprofit organization that conducts research and advocates reforms to promote transparency, accountability, and public participation in government, and address the role of money in politics. RFI advocates our mission through free educational forums each month, legislative reforms and analysis, and civic-tech projects that make government data available free and open to the public.