Are you a skilled IT professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being a Desktop Support Technician for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician to provide technical support to our staff . See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Food Bank utilizes technology and enterprise systems as an integral part of our work to deliver on our mission. The Information Systems (IS) department plays an important role in maintaining, supporting and developing systems for our staff. The Desktop Support Technician provides frontline support to our staff, enabling them to be more effective with our systems. The technician will provide effective technical support with clear communication and exceptional customer service. Supporting our staff and systems is done in coordination and collaboration with other IS team members. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical skills and customer service focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide first level desktop support for 150 employees, onsite in SF and remotely for Marin.
- Provide a high level of customer service in supporting staff and resolving their issues.
- On-site support in our Marin office at least twice per month.
- Work with Sr. Systems Analyst on overlapping issues impacting network, servers and desktops.
- Assist IS staff with software systems support, upgrades, deployments and migrations.
- Monitor and resolve help desk tickets in a timely manner. Communicate status and log actions.
- New user orientation for desktop computers, phones, system resources and IS policies.
Hardware and software support
- Desktop PC support, including cloning, configuration, installation, troubleshoot, and repair.
- Support and maintain peripheral equipment, including monitors, printers, scanners, etc.
- Assist with supporting a small installation of Mac desktops.
- Installation and support of Office Suite software, anti-virus/malware and enterprise software.
- Consult with and escalate issues to higher level staff when necessary.
- Maintain supplies and coordinate purchase of IS consumables and computer components.
- Configuration and support of VoIP desk phones, conference phones and voicemail system.
- Develop how-to document to maintain IS standards and promote end-user knowledge.
- Assist with issues related to user rights management, data integrity, system security, business continuity and disaster recovery.
System and Account Management
- Management of network users account in Active Directory, including new users, changes, updates, departures, and archiving.
- User account and data management in additional systems including file servers, email, Office365, VoIP phones, voicemail, etc.
- Maintain an inventory of desktop hardware and system configuration information.
- Assist IS team members as needed in various systems and tasks outside above role.
- Provide coverage support for other team duties in supporting organizational needs given a small and agile IS department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of Information Systems work experience in helpdesk, desktop support or related.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Strong problem-solving abilities combined with a positive attitude and desire to help others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems (Win7 and Win10).
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient with desktop resource and support tools, including Active Directory, Office365, file and print services, system cloning, remote management and remote support tools.
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, WiFi, VPN, CAT5e, etc.
- Experience using help desk systems to track and manage service requests.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment and peripherals up to 30 lbs.
- Working knowledge and basic administration of phone and voicemail systems, ideally Cisco VoIP.
- Experience working with virtual desktop machines and thin clients.
- Basic knowledge of programing or scripting languages.
- Combination of education and relevant experience sufficient to perform essential duties.
- A+ PC Technician, Network+, and/or Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Interest in food issues, mission driven work and solving hunger.
- You thrive in an environment that values and rewards collaboration, leadership, excellence, accountability, and mutual respect.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.