Happy Dog Spa is looking to add a talented part-time person to our team. We are seeking people with integrity, strong work ethic and a commitment in caring for dogs in a gentle and respectful manner.
Dog Groomer Requirements (2 yrs experience preferred)
- Applicants must have the ability to groom all breeds from start to finish. Which includes:
- Bathing, drying, coat brushing, haircut, teeth brushing (as requested), ear cleaning, ear plucking (as requested or needed), gland expression, clipping and/or filing of dogs nails while making the dog comfortable and safe.
- Must be able to converse with client and figure out what they want in regards to pets haircuts, and communicate/provide client with appropriate expectations of final results based on dog's coat condition and personality.
- Must be able to get along with a wide array of personalities while still being compassionate with our doggy clients.
- Must be able to stand for long hours and lift 50-lbs comfortably.
- Should be able to perform in a fast paced environment grooming 5-7 pets a day while maintaining our standards of excellence and care.
- Must have your own equipment ie: clippers, blades, scissors, brushes, combs, nail trimmers and grooming apparel along with the appropriate footwear that covers toes and slip resistance.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years experience if you are still needing some training and guidance, I am willing to train the right people.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus as a good portion of our clientele area Spanish speaking.
- Happy Dog Spa will provide applicants with a workstation and supply station along with shampoo, conditioners, ear powders and cleaners, and an ever expanding client base to work on.
Compensation and work hours
- Pay is based on experience.
- Currently, hours and days of operation vary, as we schedule appointments for each dog. We are flexible with the schedule.
Please check out our yelp reviews www.yelp.com/biz/happy-dog- website www.happydogspa.org. This will give you an idea of the quality and level of care we expect for our human and doggy clients.