Are you ready to make a difference?
Have fun and change lives while working with children.
Join a team that's
"Making a difference playing, learning and growing together"!
Faith Lutheran Preschool is a non-profit extension of the mission and ministry of Faith Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
At Faith Lutheran Preschool, we nurture and educate the whole child, body, soul and mind in a safe, Christian environment.
Our curriculum philosophy is informed from 30 years of research that children learn best through engaging in a play-based approach to learning. Our curriculum approach emphasizes the importance of Social Emotional Development and Learning as the foundation and catalyst for later academic success. Our preschool participates in the Sacramento County Office of Education program “Raising Quality Together” for Early Childhood Centers and the rating systems that are apart of the program. Each staff person at Faith Lutheran Preschool participates in up to 21 hours of Professional Development a year as well as monthly staff meetings, preschool community activities and team building experiences. At Faith Lutheran Preschool we believe that teachers are lifelong learners.
We are seeking experienced, fully qualified Teachers part-time with high energy who enjoy working with preschoolers ages 2 -5 years. Current needs include afternoons and some mornings. Applicants must be willing to play with the children and engage is quality & consistent interactions to enhance the learning process for each child as they experience their world.
· Must be 21 years or older
· Prior experience with preschool aged children (in a preschool setting preferred)
· PM Teachers (after school care) need to have a minimum of 12 ECE units. At least 3 Administration Units is a plus! AM availability a plus too!
· Proof of eligibility to legally work in the U.S.
· Physically fit for this demanding but rewarding job. Physical demands include floor sitting (getting up & down), lifting children, setting up and moving equipment, bending
· Understand developmentally appropriate practices
· Pediatric CPR/First aid Certified (a plus)
· Fingerprint clearance
· TB clearance/ Health screening/Vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles
· Positive Attitude including when children display challenging behaviors.
· Team Player
· Multitask well
· Enforce Safety and Licensing regulations
· Keeping classrooms clean & sanitary
· Commitment to long term, year-round employment
· Excellent attendance and punctuality
· Create great relationships with the children, families and staff · Professional, reliable and responsible
· Creative and flexible
Please email your resume with your transcripts as an attachment ASAP. Interviewing now. After the initial interview if we feel you are a possible fit for our Preschool culture you will be invited to do a working interview.
Faith Lutheran Preschool is an extension of Faith Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod.
We are building a supportive and collaborative team who enjoy spending time together with or without children. Our culture is one of respect, honesty and trust. Our center-wide expectations include we are safe, healthy, respectful and friendly.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks