Employment Type: Contractor
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: $10+ per visit
Flexible (agreed on a contract basis)
Our service area is northwest Chicago and surrounding areas, with boundaries of Pulaski to Cumberland, and Belmont to Oakton. Walkers must live within 20mins of the area to qualify.
Please note, applicants must be at least 21 years old and make a commitment of service for a minimum of 6 months. All of our staff members must complete a background check and provide professional references, and a smartphone (ability to text/email/apps) is required for work. In order to be a fit for this position, you must be able to travel between client homes quickly (usually 1-3miles in under 10mins; personal vehicle or all-weather biker preferred) and walk for several hours each weekday.
• You must be comfortable performing new client consultations, including a meet and greet of new clients and their pets, gathering detailed information about their needs and special requests, and collecting necessary completed paperwork.
• You must be willing to take on all types of cat care assignments as your schedule permits. This most often includes multiple consecutive days of one or two visits a day, each for a range of breeds and temperaments.
• You must ensure the safety of the cats and those (humans and pets) around them, as well as maintain home security when entering/exiting. You are also expected to be proficient in, and complete, various cat care services as outlined during new client consultations or meet and greets.
• You will be required to check in with the office staff and software systems to confirm that everything has been completed to client specifications.
• You must be comfortable holding keys to clients' homes and take responsibility to not lose keys or get locked out.
• Due to the bonding that occurs between a sitter and animal, we require at least a 6 month commitment.
This position is paid on a per service contract basis. You will also enjoy the following benefits:
The mission of S’wooft is to offer loving, reliable, and professional pet care in far northwest Chicago and surrounding areas.
We do this through:
We specialize in daily dog walking, vacation care, and cat care—all of the ways pet owners need to be able to rely on someone when it comes to the daily care of their pets. Families trust us with their fur babies and their homes, so we're careful to thoroughly screen all of our staff with a full background check, professional references, and shadowing, to see if they have the same abounding love for pets that we do. Rather than a pet service based primarily on convenience, where the quality of staff may be inconsistent, we pride ourselves on each individual who makes up this team. We also strive to build community, both within Team S’wooft and among the greater Chicago area pet community. We do this through team outings, use of an ongoing chat app (Slack), community events, and our various marketing efforts.
S’wooft is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we select, place, train, and promote the most qualified team members based on relevant factors such as experience, work quality, attitude, and availability. We do not consider race, color, religion, age, gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, order of protection status, status as a victim or perceived victim of domestic or sexual violence, status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or any other proscribed factor in our hiring, salary/wage, promotion, or termination decisions, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
S'wooft opened in March of 2015 when Sarah Homan (founder) ran into a dilemma. She lived in far northwest Chicago and despite being within city limits, had very few options for pet care for her then 8yr old collie mix, Allie. Long work and commuting hours made it necessary to find a reliable daily dog walker and she was shocked at the limited options in her area, so she made it her mission to establish a loving, reliable, and professional pet care service for far northwest Chicago and the surrounding area. Sarah left her full-time job in technology recruiting in October of 2015 to continue to grow the business. Her dogs Allie and little sister Melo (2yr old Pit Bull mix) now enjoy having a daily walking buddy and seeing a lot more of mom!
Sarah brought a professional background in education, customer service and career advising, and networking within and beyond her community. Her love for animals was the common thread throughout, as she made several career choices based on her pets' wellbeing. It has become her joy to be a more present dog mom and help other pet owners maintain a high quality of life for their fur babies despite the demands of adult life. S'wooft has been fortunate to find professional and loving individuals to care for their clients and Sarah strongly believes that our value lies in our great team of professional pet care providers.
Culture & Perks