Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 42 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for over 4,800 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, Accountant II would be responsible for general ledger account analysis, reconciling interfund accounts, reconciling bank accounts, performing internal audits, preparing audit schedules and other related accounting duties of the organization.
· Enter subsidy payments (S+C and Section 8) to tenant’s ledgers
· Reconcile bank statements. Prepare necessary journal entries and post to general ledger monthly
· Prepare monthly benefit allocation to cost centers received from Human Resources and Accounting Manager
· Perform Internal Audit of internal controls by reviewing scanned invoices and review invoices
· Manage Insurance & Mortgage payments; P&L requires additional financial analysis
· Perform general ledger account analysis
· Reconcile and record benefits payments
· Review and post daily deposit batches into Yardi
· Reconcile Interfund accounts, reviewing for errors and notify on corrections
· Generate and import monthly journal entries
· Prepare check requests for internal & external payments
· Prepare audit schedules for year-end audit
· Generate financial reports to third parties to be distributed to internal and external investors
· Assist Housing Development Accounting Manager on quarterly reconciliation of high volume projects
· Additional projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
· Proficiency in PC based accounting software programs and in spreadsheet (MS Excel) applications.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and duties.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
· Initiative to solve problems.
· Ability to work with a culturally diverse, low-income population
· BS/BA degree with two year experience or five years accounting experience.
· Progressively responsible bookkeeping experience.
· Familiar with MIP and Yardi software, advance MS Excel and related programs.
The Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housingand services for over 4,100 low-income residentsin 6 San Francisco neighborhoods, building community and promoting equitable access to opportunity and resources. Founded in 1981 by a few people in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco, TNDC now has 39 properties in its property portfolio and employs 319 people, some who live in TNDC affordable housing buildings.
Culture & Perks