The General Manager will share our passion for local, hand-made foods using high-quality, vegan ingredients, and working closely with the CEO will oversee operations at our bakery in San Rafael, CA and support the growth of the business.
- Under the supervision of the CEO, work with and/or supervise administration, bakery and distribution staff to ensure financial, marketing, production, sanitation, and distribution goals and standards are met.
- Interface with customers regarding new accounts, existing accounts and oversee the on-boarding process for new accounts.
- Oversee and lead kitchen & distribution personnel. This is to include hiring, training, motivating, evaluating, career development and coaching with approval of the CEO.
- Help ensure all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), federal and state regulations and safety standards are up to date and documented. Assist in developing new programs and SOP documents.
- Assist in product development processes and oversee successful commercialization of new items.
- Prepare & participate in any audits
- Regular walk-through of the facility to determine which areas need attention, maintenance or repair.
- Ability to lift and move up to (60lbs) and spend prolonged periods standing.
- Participate in any future projects of the business.
- Ability to assist in the bakery, deliver products, and visit stores as needed
- 50 hours+/week required including Saturdays
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years in management of a professional, high-volume food facility, with food distribution, manufacturing or other business characteristics similar to Judy’s Breadsticks.
- Background in wholesale food production, equipment maintenance, sanitation, staffing/scheduling, and quality control. Bakery/Food experience is required!
- Bilingual - English and Spanish is a must. We prefer local candidates.
- Understanding food production processes and proper record keeping (including food processing and sanitation) for regulatory requirements.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Dependable and self-motivated team player able to own responsibility.
- Assist in overseeing food safety including GMP’s, food security, facility security, employee safety programs, FSMA and HACCP.
- Assist in overseeing the maintenance of the facility and equipment to meet government regulations and company standards.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Computer Savvy Required- Quick Books knowledge is a plus!
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000 plus incentives