Position Overview Girls Inc. seeks a full-time Middle School Lead Site Coordinator with excellent skills to coordinate and deliver a model after school program for 100-115 middle school students in Oakland. The coordinator will oversee a daily after school academic and enrichment program that allows students the opportunity to explore diverse, engaging, culturally and developmentally appropriate activities designed to meet physical, social and cognitive needs of all students in a gender specific environment. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and deliver all services and supports as listed above.
- Work collaboratively with school day staff, program staff and volunteer staff to identify, recruit, and provide services to 100-115 students in grades 6-8th.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and support 6-7 part-time program staff in delivering intentional program curriculum grounded in Youth Development principals, and in working successfully with youth and their parents/guardians.
- Assist in the implementation of Common Core standards in the academic curriculum and program.
- Ensure quality programs and instruction by supporting and overseeing activity and lesson plans of the Program Leaders.
· Support Program Manager in the administration and collection of surveys and assessments.
- Work closely with Program Manager to ensure high quality community events for students, families and school personnel.
- Assist Program Manager in budgeting process and tracking.
- Ensure the safety of all students and staff by complying with and implementing the sites’ Emergency Policies and Procedures.
- Supervise Program volunteers.
- Prepare written and printed materials that support the after school program and community.
- Participate in staff development, consultation, training, and team meetings as well as plan and implement ongoing supervisions and meetings for Program Leaders.
- Support the Department to offer year-round professional development to Program Leaders
- Build and strengthen school site relationships through regular meetings with school staff and after school partners to ensure program is operating effectively and is aligned with the school day.
- Attend Student Success Team (SST), Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and other meetings that concern students enrolled in the after school program at the school site.
- Understand, train and implement the Weikart Center Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA) tool including (but not limited to): attending YPQA related meetings/trainings, coaching staff in utilizing the tool, completing Program Quality Assessments, use of reporting software, creating and implementing goals and objectives.
- Coordinate after school collaborative, complying with contract requirements for programming, attendance and other areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications · Bachelor’s degree preferred (Meet OUSD requirement of a minimum of 48 college units).
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired.
- Ability to motivate, excite and spark curiosity and well-being in students.
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff as well as build and manage a team.
- Knowledge and experience in literacy development, youth development and after-school or educational settings required.
- Experience supervising staff, including the ability to coach group leaders.
- Knowledge of and commitment to designing single sex-centered academic programs.
- Experience working with parents and supporting parents’ involvement in their children’s development and education.
- Knowledge and experience bringing multi-cultural curriculum to the after school environment highly desirable.
- 2 years of experience working with middle school-age youth representing diverse cultures, ethnicities, and abilities.
- Experience and enthusiasm for supporting intensive volunteer involvement
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, auditory, visually, in writing and via computer with youth, families, teachers, coworkers, and volunteers
- A valid California Driver’s License, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of automobile liability insurance with minimum policy requirements as established by Girls Inc.
· Proficiency in MS Office suite applications
- Department of Justice clearance based on fingerprinting submission
- Proof of TB test within the last four years
- CPR/First Aid Certification
· Ability to bend, lift, move up to 15 lbs
Benefits Employer pays standard medical plan and provides vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
OTHER BENEFITS AVAILABLE: Dental, Voluntary Life, Vision, and Long-term disability available at the employee’s expense and the ability to participate in the 403(B) and Flexible Savings Account.