• Current Entrepreneurship concept and skills
• Employment preparation
• Basic teaching strategies and classroom management
• Work well and collaboratively with a wide range of high school students
• Adapt easily to industry, educational and organizational changes
• Develop and maintain records of competency level and attendance for each student.
• Provide group and individual instruction utilizing effective teaching strategies, aids and equipment
• Evaluate student skills and job readiness competencies
• Communicate with parents, counselors and administrators as needed
• Develop and implement lessons to teach skills required for students to master competencies
• Manage classroom in a manner conducive to learning
• Work effectively as part of a team. Collaborate in planning process for modifications in curriculum
• Keep abreast of current practices, technology and training methods
• Establish and advise CTSO ( Career Technical Student Organization)
• Performs other job related duties as required
• Valid California Driver License & private transportation required
• Possess or qualify for a valid California Designated Subjects Vocational teaching credential or
Standard credential in Marketing or related field
• Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the Business field, one (1) year of experience must have been within the last five (5) years
Eden Area ROP offers over 135 career-preparation courses in the areas of Business, Health, Home Economics, and Industrial Technology at the ROP Hayward Center and throughout the various school sites in Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, and San Lorenzo Unified School Districts.
Many ROP courses have been articulated with Chabot Community College District, awarding college credit to ROP students achieving articulation standards. Most Hayward Center ROP courses offer community classroom and cooperative education instruction (work site learning). Upon successful completion of an ROP course, students receive a Certificate of Completion indicating occupational and work behavior skills demonstrated by the student.
Experience is the greatest teacher. ROP gives students the hands-on experience needed to get and keep a job. In our ROP classes you will learn new skills, train for a new career, or build on your current skills. Many students continue their education to advance their career. And…ROP skills pay college bills.
Eden Area ROP is accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is a joint venture of Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, and San Lorenzo Unified School Districts.
The mission of the Eden Area Regional Occupational Program is
to prepare students for careers and further education as well as
to instill workplace skills and ethics that enable them to compete
successfully in the economy of today and the future.