Come and work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you! Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Pantry Coordinator.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Lakeview Pantry
NO CALLS PLEASE.
The Pantry Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and ensuring a fair and organized system for food distribution. This person serves as liaison for all pantry clients and supervises all aspects of procurement, storage and distribution of goods.
- Within a culture of great respect for our clients, distribute food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- Collect and store food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- In partnership with the Manager of Community Engagement, managing ongoing food donor relationships.
- Manage inventory and relationships with The Greater Chicago Food Depository, U.S.D.A., F.E.M.A. and other partners.
- Maintains Pantry site sanitation that meets or exceeds government and monitoring agencies’ standards.
- Train and supervise volunteers to assist with food distribution.
- Produce necessary reports required by supervisor, donors, and government agencies.
- Create and track benchmarks of the program’s success, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Act as an ambassador for the mission of Lakeview Pantry to the larger community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- College degree strongly preferred but will consider candidates with strong work history and a High School Diploma.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in a social services environment.
- Familiarity with issues that are common among the population served including but not limited to, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, mental and physical disability, and the elderly.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a van.
- Ability to obtain and maintain food service sanitation certification in accordance with municipal and state laws.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to use and maintain Salesforce client database.
- Ability to handle an occasional volatile situation calmly, professionally, and respectfully. Experience in Non-violent Crisis Intervention techniques is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and Saturdays.