Napa Valley Support Services is currently seeking a support staff for a newly created program: Community Engagement Service Professional.Overall Responsibilities: Support individuals with developmental disabilities and assist with the development of Community Engagement (CE) opportunities including but not limited to: community classes, service clubs, volunteerism and customized employment.Community Responsibilities:
- Plan weekly activities with individuals in community awareness/engagement classes.
- Promote good public relations both for NVSS and individuals in community classes.
- Responsible for quality control and flow of work on community job sites.
- Research and develop opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities that meet the criteria in the following philosophies: functional, age appropriateness and normalization.
- Ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided instruction, are included in all scheduled activities of their choice, and activities take place in a natural environment.
- Ensure the above CE are implemented within all groups during non-work time.
- Provide continuous quality service improvement by obtaining feedback from individuals with disabilities (both verbal and observed).
- Ensure accurate monthly data reflects work, community engagement and other activity hours.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of HCBS and other regulations.
- Knowledge of “person centered” philosophies, concepts, and skills.
- Ability to present the program and participants in a professional positive manner.
- Demonstrated maturity and cultural competency for working with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational, communication, skills
- Comfortable networking and building relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable transportation with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of 1:1 and group training techniques.
- Knowledge of supported employment philosophies concepts and techniques.
- Research and/or provide means of transportation to community training sites; (e.g., City Bus, NVSS vehicle, instructor vehicle).
- Ensure NVSS vehicles are clean pre and post trips and communicate to Program Director if not.
- Conduct a pre trip safety inspection of all NVSS vehicles.
- Be aware of safety procedures and location of safety manual.
- Immediately inform management staff if an unsafe situation occurs or is observed.
- Document special incidents on the proper forms as outlined in Special Incident Report, SIR procedures.
- Immediately inform management when client health issues arise.
- Be familiar with NVSS Mission Statement.
- On behalf of the Agency, act as a steward for a harmonious working environment that encourages teamwork.
- Promote good public relations in the community.
- Communicate and problem solve with Community Engagement Specialist.
- Encourage teamwork and work as a team member.
- Supervise assigned individuals as needed.
- Ensure the safety of individuals at all times and follow safety procedures.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Provide good customer service.
- Attend annual and semiannual meetings with the individual and regional center staff, and anyone the individual would like to invite.
- Act as advocate for individuals with disabilities.
- Solve problems and communicate solutions with the Community Engagement Specialist.
- Interact respectfully with all individuals we support.
- Perform other related duties as requested by managers.