The UPS Store in Portola Valley is looking to hire an enthusiastic Sales Specialist to join our fun work environment. This role is for a part-time worker and has the ability to evolve into a full-time or managerial position as well. We are looking for an energetic person that comes from a customer-centric, business-oriented background, and has a passion for sales. This is a great opportunity to build your interpersonal communication skills, management skills, understand how businesses work, and to grow as a person. Employees also receive monthly performance bonuses on top of their hourly pay rate!
If you want to work in a fun environment, this opportunity is the one for you!
- Packaging and shipping for customers
- Livescan fingerprinting
- Sorting mail
- Ringing up customers
- Making copies
- Printing documents for customers
- Mailbox services
- Stocking merchandise
- Store cleanup and taking out trash daily
- Other similar tasks as needed
- You will be required to take a notary exam which will be paid by The UPS Store
- Excellent training will be provided
- Increased responsibilities and career advancement are achievable with proven performance
- Providing EXCELLENT customer service - This is our store's #1 priority!
- Must always be on time!
- Customer service oriented
- Have sales experience
- Can work well with others
- Can work well under pressure
- Able to up-sell and cross-sell customers
- Communicate effectively and clearly with customers
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel, Acrobat and frequently used programs/services
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule if needed
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Have an open mind to learn
- Have a clean background record meaning not have been convicted of a felony, Not have been convicted of a disqualifying misdemeanor!
Nice to have:
- Previous UPS Store experience
- Previous retail experience
- Shipping & packaging experience a plus, but not required (will train)
- Notary license (will pay more for this)
- A background in either business/sales/marketing
If you're interested in the role, please reply to us with your updated resume.