Our campus has an immediate opening for a Test Prep Teacher-Mentor. We are looking for an individual competent in all areas of the SAT/ACT and is available to teach during the day and/or weekends in the Summer & in the evenings and/or weekends during the Fall.
Summer hours are Monday - Thursday, 1PM – 6PM and Friday, 9AM - 1PM; Fall hours are Monday - Thursday, 5:30PM – 8:30PM and Friday, 9AM - 1PM. The pay rate for this position is $26 - $32 per hour, depending upon experience. Additional weekend hours may be available for interested candidates, as we are also building our weekend program, so there is potential for teaching Saturday and Sunday, 9AM - 1PM.
This position provides a student centered, supportive classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking while addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student through Fusion’s differentiated approach.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience to Fusion students grades 6-12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents.
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community.
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection and continuous improvement.
- In addition to subject matter tutoring and teaching, this position includes significant student mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for consideration.
- Solid subject matter knowledge at grade levels 6-12.
- Teaching credentials are a plus but are not mandatory.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, competent in basic computer skills, and is an individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
- Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level immediately.
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional difficulties.
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student’s Formal Education Plan (FEP).
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
- Ability to manage stress, and self-regulate during chaos and crisis, consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Exploring Your Child's Incredible Potential
Every child deserves to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. Students achieve success for their whole self through a completely personalized educational experience, centered in our one-to-one approach: one student and one teacher per classroom.