Sales Associate / Store Clerk - Salon CA Beauty Warehouse
Part time / Full-time
compensation: $11/hr to $13/hr depending on experience
Salon CA is one of largest furniture and beauty supply distributor in Sacramento. We're a family operated business seeking for highly motivated, enthusiastic applicants to join our storefront.
Sales Associate / Store Clerk:
You will need to be skilled in processing retail merchandise purchases, stocking merchandise displays, and maintaining a clean, safe retail environment.. This position requires good communication and cash-handling skills and good personal grooming habits. Physical requirements include standing up to 8 hours during a shift and able to lift up to 25 pounds. Serves customers by selling products extremely accurately and efficiently while meeting customers needs and is in compliance with company policies
• Operate a cash register efficiently and perform checkout procedures
• Complete cleaning duties as assigned, including floors, windows, display cases, shelves, register area, backroom, restrooms, parking lot, and other fixtures
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment. Cleaning duties as assigned including floors, windows, display cases, shelves, register area, backroom, restrooms, parking lot, and other fixtures
• Communicate with customers in a friendly and courteous manner
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times
• Performs other duties, including working in other departments, as assigned
• Sells beauty furniture, equipment, and supplies through the internet, telephone, and in person.
• Increases the sale of merchandise using educational marketing, product knowledge, and excellent customer service.
• Demonstrates products to return/prospective customers and assists them in selecting merchandise best suited to their needs.
• Follows company guidelines, Sales Department Training Handbook guidelines, policies and procedures thoroughly.
• Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business.
• Answers incoming calls and emails. Takes telephone messages. Makes outgoing calls and returns customer calls and emails in a professional and timely matter.
• Provides accurate sales and shipping quotes to customers. Processes payments accurately.
• Communicates accurate information to customers, shipping carriers, and co-workers.
• Handles customer claims tactfully and efficiently.
• Files ground shipping and freight claims.
What You Need:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
• Must have 2+ years of experience in retail customer service/sales
• Proficiency in basic math skills required, including addition, subtraction, multiplication & division
Why Should you apply
* Multicultural environment
* 40hr work week for FT / 25hr work week for PT
* Sick Pay (after probation period)
* Selective Holiday Pay (after probation period)
* Warm and friendly environment with a huge emphasis on teamwork
* Equal Employment Opportunity
Salon CA is your premier salon beauty supplier and we carry a wide range of furniture to equipment, supplies, and products. Whether for personal or professional use, Salon CA has everything you need to create the workspace of your dreams. We’re a one stop shop that offers unbeatable prices with solid quality.
Salon CA is one of the leading suppliers in the industry. We take pride in providing you quality furnishings, lasting styles, versatility, and innovative and ergonomic designs. We have all of your fundamental beauty needs and we’ll continue to explore new ideas to help you stay on track with the rising, growing, and evolving beauty industry.
We are located in Sacramento, the heart of California. Our showroom features all of our furniture and equipment. If you are in the area, we welcome you to stop by and view our large and ongoing selection. Orders are quickly processed and usually shipped within 24-48 hours.