Massage Therapy Teacher
Want to be in an energized, engaged learning environment? Want to amp-up your own skills and knowledge? Are you ready to “give back” to the industry?
National Holistic Institute, a College of Massage Therapy is the place. Every day, you will be involved with others focused on learning, growing, supporting, and “having work they love”.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Top priority … be an integral team member working in a fast paced, multiple priority, diverse adult education setting.
- Teach (as primary or support) assigned classes including bodywork modalities, sciences, clinic, business… Strong internal training provided for all new teachers.
- Clinic Supervision & Teaching - work with students as they practice their new skills in a controlled public clinic environment.
- Support the mentoring of all students through the academic and outside struggles impacting their ability to successfully complete the program.
- Provide one-on-one and group tutoring, mentoring and support.
- Contribute to project work such as sport events & other student and campus activities.
32 to 40 hours, with a primarily afternoon/evening schedule, with shared weekend coverage.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 2 years massage therapy experience.
- Flexible schedule
- Minimum of a 500 Hour Massage Therapy Certificate.
- Desire and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to be self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Strong, high quality interpersonal skills required.
- Prior teaching experience, a strong plus.
- Bachelor's Degree not mandatory. Continuing education a strong plus.
- Basic computer literacy needed.
- CAMTC Certification
NHI offers a competitive benefits package, including Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, over 25 paid days off per year (holidays, vacation, sick leave …), 401K eligibility, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid training time, and more. Starting salary is dependent upon experience, but averages between $40,000 & $43,000 / year.
Top notch teacher training provided, supporting skill advancement for those new to teaching, or who bring in a depth of experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Cover letter
3. In subject line of email write: Teacher – Sacramento
4. Salary requirement
5. Due Date: 5/15/19
No Phone Calls Please.
National Holistic Institute, a premier College of Massage Therapy, with ten campuses, is looking to fill a full-time (40) or part-time (32) teaching position at our Sacramento Campus. As a Teacher you would be doing exciting work in a great team environment, providing the best in quality educational services, supporting students to program completion, and successful preparation for employment in the field of massage therapy.
At National Holistic Institute, we’re on a mission to Help You Have Work You Love! We live and breathe our mission statement of Helping People Have Work They Love, because we wholeheartedly believe that being a well trained massage therapist gives you the ability to improve your life, career and community in ways that will make you and the people around you happier and more fulfilled.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NHI, we strive to set ourselves apart from other schools by creating a culture and environment where all students and staff feel safe to express, contribute and learn.