We are hiring at Excelsior Coffee - what a time to be alive!!!
This position is NOT a temporary or summer position. We are looking to hire an individual long term, who will be able to help us grow and sustain the coffee shop as we prepare to re-open our shop.
· Be yourself, friendly, and provide excellent customer service
· Strive to learn and exceed Excelsior Coffee’s standards for coffee beverage preparation
· Be able to educate and elaborate on all offerings including drinks, beans and brewing equipment
· Be proactive and reactive
· When all else fails, resort to all common sense
· Curious about coffee and tea
· Positive attitude
· Enthusiasm to learn
· Committed to excellent customer service & neighborhood shop talk
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
· Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
· Detail-oriented approach to preparing coffee and the ability to multi-task
· Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week
· Possession of or in the process of obtaining a current Food Handler’s Card
Established in January 2018, Excelsior Coffee finally opened in June 2019 and fills the need for specialty coffee in the Excelsior District of SF, with an inviting space for community, exploration, and learning, while representing the personal interests & cultural backgrounds that the owners come from. The mission is to serve and build neighborhood pride in a diverse, working-class community and promote the history between coffee, San Francisco history, and classic cars and vintage motorcycles. Excelsior Coffee is committed to our neighbors and the history here, one we are proud to share and the one we help to shape. We hope to protect the authenticity of this beautiful spot in the city. And like its namesake, keep onward and be as bold as we (and our coffee) can be together.
It’s true. We love all things moto. While the naming of our coffee shop is a love letter to the Excelsior hood, it's also a shout out to an old school British & American motorcycle company. (You’re also right, Professor X uses it as a call to action : to ascend, go forth).
Excelsior Coffee is a real deal family joint & labor of love. We are quirky & passionate about things like a damn good cup of brew, collecting local ephemera, classic cars & motorcycles, and being a trusty neighbor. If you're into it, join the fam.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks