· Be yourself, friendly, and provide excellent customer service
· Strive to learn and exceed Excelsior Coffee’s standards for coffee beverage preparation
· Be able to educate and elaborate on all offerings including drinks, beans and brewing equipment
· Be proactive and reactive
· When all else fails, resort to all common sense.
· Curious about coffee and tea
· Positive attitude
· Enthusiasm to learn
· Committed to excellent customer service
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
· Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
· Detail-oriented approach to preparing coffee and the ability to multi-task
· Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week
· Possession of or in the process of obtaining a current Food Handler’s Card
Coffee shops have been a community fixture for ages and to be one in the Excelsior neighborhood is truly an honor. At its core, the Excelsior District is culturally rich because of its immigrant, working class stronghold. The Mission Street corridor provides for families, elders and dreamers. Excelsior Coffee is committed to our neighbors and the history here, one we are proud to share and the one we help to shape. We hope to add to the tapestry of minority small business owners who protect the electric authenticity of this beautiful spot in the city. And like its namesake, keep onward and be as bold as we (and our coffee) can be together.
It’s true. We love all things moto. While the naming of our coffee shop is a love letter to the Excelsior hood, it is also a shout out to a renowned old school British & American motorcycle company. (You’re also right, Professor X uses it as a call to action : to ascend, go forth).
Excelsior Coffee is a real deal family joint & labor of love. We are quirky & passionate about things like a damn good cup of brew, collecting local ephemera, vintage cars & motorcycles, and being a trusty neighbor. If you're into it, join the fam.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks