Sheldon Acres Child Development Center is a privately-owned childcare center in Elk Grove CA is looking for a Teacher’s Aide and Driver.
Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Communication, Teamwork, and Fun. We have a tight-knit team of early childhood professionals, and we want to hire YOU to join our team, if you are inspired by Excellence! We are seeking a Teachers Aide for Monday through Friday, full-time. This means you would get the opportunity to work with all age groups and classrooms and get to know all your teammates.
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
• THE DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others
• A professional, positive attitude
• Classroom duties include but aren't limited to helping children with eating, diapering/toileting, cleaning, keeping a clean and safe room.
• Keep appropriate logs and making sure everything follows Sheldon Acres standards.
• Able to stand for long periods of time, frequent walking, sitting on the floor and playing with children, being able to lift up to a 40 lb child in an emergency situation. This is a physically ACTIVE role.
• A loving demeanor with children!
• All candidates must pass the National and State criminal background check.
• Fluency and clear communication in English. Must be able to communicate with other staff and parents clearly in both verbal and written form.
• A clean driving record is needed.
We hire for ATTITUDE, not necessarily aptitude. We will train you to excel in a child care environment, if you have the passion to do so! So even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed above, still consider applying if you’re a bright, motivated, loving, positive person who loves working with Children.
Early Childhood Education are not required but a plus if you have some.
Sheldon Acres Child Development Center has a 30 year history of providing educational preschool programs and quality daycare. Our mission is to give children the skills and knowledge to succeed and excel educationally. For example, our kinder readiness program prepares children using the same literacy program as the schools, so there will be no surprises.
Our center opened in 1985 and moved to its current location in 1990. Now we are currently serving second and third generations of families in the Elk Grove, CA area. We see this as a sign of the utmost trust from our parents!
Sheldon Acres Child Development Center boasts a veteran staff of teachers, some being with the school for over 20 years, testimony to its being a great place to work and play. The center’s physical setting, on 2 acres of land away from the busy city, shows the care and pride given in providing your family with high-quality child care and preschool programs that are most affordable.
As a result of our location and land size, we can offer programs other daycare facilities cannot. Our summer camps and swimming lessons are on our property and give a chance for your children to be in a setting with a country feeling. This gives them the opportunity to have room to run, a pool to swim in and so they can explore the outdoors all while supervised and safe.
For our educational preschool programs, we set our standards high for our teachers so your child can get the best school preparation possible. They will have fun while learning and getting prepared for school with us.
Contact us at Sheldon Acres Child Development Center by filling out the online form or calling us at 916-512-6428 to ask questions about our program, to take a tour of our facility and land or to add your child to our rosters for any of our daycare, preschool programs or school age programs or summer camps. You can read here about the range of programs we offer. We’d love to meet you! Contact us today!