Chef Koochooloo is a web+mobile social and educational platform that teaches kids about math, science and cultural sensitivity through a cooking technology platform and enrichment program. We are bootstrapped and National Science Foundation funded, with a non profit division, and a passion for making games that will stimulate, entertain, and leave a lasting, positive impression. We pride ourselves on contributing to the local community and creating a positive impact on the environment.
We’re looking for a hands-on tech leader who will take technical ownership for the startup that we’re building, and be in charge of building our technical team.
• An unmatched environment in which to develop your knowledge of building early-stage tech startups, not just from the tech perspective but the wider business
• Hands on software development, where you can apply your skills, knowledge & experience across a range of sectors, business models, & products
• Time split between early concept development (where throw-away prototyping dominates) and product development (where the focus is on building the tech foundation for the new business)
• All the benefits of the startup world (innovation, ownership, pace, etc).
To be considered, you’ll need to:
• Be confident across a breadth of programming languages & platforms and able to go deep on specialist areas
• Have experience managing multiple product development projects, aligning a team around those, and delivering to market or users’ hands
• Ideally have a network of developers who are eager to work with you again
• Be a fantastic communicator, able to comfortably switch between managing stakeholder expectations and motivating fellow engineers.
Ability to work with existing codebases.
Previous experience building one or more games in a team-based setting.
Strong mathematical ability.
Implementation of gameplay mechanics and game systems
Gameplay tuning handling and gameplay
Implement functional and polished user interfaces based on specifications
Work with team to identify and make gameplay improvements
Develop new game code, and maintain existing library and engine code
Demonstrate the ability to actively test and iterate on systems
Experience with HTML5
Experience working in resource-constrained environments, such as mobile or embedded hardware.
Familiarity with basic principles of art and design.
Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, bash, MaxScript, Perl)
Experience with developing for VRWe are located in Mountain View.
Chef Koochooloo is an innovative educational platform, endorsed by the National Science Foundation, that engages children and families in fun interactive cooking games while teaching math, science and geography to children, and raising awareness for worldwide causes. Harvesting the delicious and discarding the mundane, Chef Koochooloo ignites a sense of fun and curiosity in children. Our customized recipes deliver a fresh take on cooking meals at home and schools, while highlighting the unifying aspects of culture, and celebrating different countries. Check us out at : We have an ipad and iphone app:
WHAT YOU GET: Experience working with children in an innovative way of teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics through cooking Experience teaching using interactive app Opportunity to teach and expand students understanding
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks