Pay Rate: $16/hour
Part Time: 8-10 hours per week
Job Location: San Mateo County
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Peer Support Counselor provides peer support services to center participants, with a focus on wellness groups, one on one peer support and facilitation of wellness activities. The Peer Support Counselor reports to the Program Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Solid experience providing peer support and self-help services. Effective communication skills; Develop and maintain a respectful, caring, tolerant, ethical and empowering relationship with all individuals served. Must demonstrate commitment to personal wellness and recovery; Peer Counseling Certificate is preferred. Valid California identification, reliable transportation and/or a clean driving record required. Employment is contingent upon meeting these requirements.
· Conducts wellness groups, peer support, and activities supporting overall health
· Communicates and facilitates center needs in collaboration with other peer staff to ensure proper service delivery
· Creates a welcoming environment for clients and clinicians
· Tracks client attendance with sign in sheets
· Ensures cleanliness of the center space and that program supplies are available
· Communicates needs of clients to Peer Support staff or Site Coordinator, as needed
· Helps with shopping list for meals, canteen items and bingo prizes
· Meets with Peer Staff as needed
· Meets with Program Manager as needed
· Meets with Program Manager on a monthly basis to discuss programming activities, or as needed
· Additional duties as determined by Program Manager
· Attend staff, departmental and in-service meetings, as assigned. · Attend on-the-job training sessions.
· Provide customer service and support the maintenance of a welcoming environment
· Model the provision of services in a manner consistent with peer values and code of ethics.
Heart and Soul, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Heart and Soul, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We embrace connection, hope, and healing through peer support to encourage mental wellness...We are changing the conversation from diagnosis to dialogue from mental illness to mental resilience.
We welcome those with lived experience of mental health recovery! We value self care and know that recovery is possible for everyone.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks