Sports Basement is a Bay Area sporting goods retailer, but it feels like so much more! We carry the best brands at the best prices, we rent snow gear, camp gear, bikes and more, and we'll fix up your bike or tune your ski gear at our in-store service shops. Even better, we offer tons of comfy couches and community spaces so you can feel at home, enjoy a film festival, or meet some (sorta) famous athletes. From hosting fundraisers for local schools & charities to cheering you on at a local race, we're a key part of our local communities as well as a safe space to hang out (that’s what the couches are for).
Not your everyday bike shop, Sports Basement offers a fun and dynamic work environment with perks that you simply won’t find at other shops in the Bay Area.
General Duties & Responsibilities - these may vary by specific role:
• Professional bike mechanic experience.
• Able to service new and used bicycles of all types and levels with strong attention to detail. • Possess strong service writing skills.
• Well-versed in contemporary bike tech.
• Excellent customer service/communication skills.
• Excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player.
Sports Basement offers a competitive wage with plenty of opportunities for advancement after skills and experience are demonstrated. Specific starting wages are listed above. We went above and beyond with our benefits, too!
Compensation by level of Mechanic:
• Lead mechanic ($23+/hr)
• Sr. Mechanic ($20-$22/hr)
• Mechanic ($18-$20/hr)
• Staff Mechanic ($16-$18/hr)
• Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff).
• Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff).
• 40% off our already low prices. . . for life! (after you work 2,000 hours).
• A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
• A free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year.
• Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our Out of the Basement program.
• Free use of our rental gear.
• Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements.
• 401(k) plan.
• Stock options program (full-time staff).
• Flexible schedule for students.
Sports Basement is a growing sporting goods retailer with eight locations in the San Francisco Bay Area as well as an online store. We take pride in selling the best brands at basement prices, but if you've ever been to the Basement, you probably know that that description doesn't really do us justice. Learn more about us at http://www.sportsbasement.com or watch this video: http://bit.ly/2bRP4z2
Culture & Perks