Galileo is looking for detail-focused, service-minded relationship builders to join our Customer Success team. The Customer Success Specialists will be the faces of Galileo, spreading the word on our programs, welcoming families via phone and email, and guiding them through the enrollment process. This role is the perfect vehicle to grow in the business and marketing fields, as you’ll gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to provide world-class service to thousands of customers.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
This isn’t your ordinary Customer Service department. Galileo’s Customer Success team is made up of relationship masters, whose work revolves around a deep sense of pride for Galileo’s programs and an unrelenting commitment to top-notch customer experience. You will join a team of charismatic problem-solvers and storytellers, who always operate with thoughtfulness and empathy.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact.
SCHEDULE & TIME COMMITMENT
Full-time late May, ends mid-August
• You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
• You’re a visionary collaborator and independent contributor.
• You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
• You love fine-tuning processes, can multitask, and easily absorb a great deal of new information quickly.
• You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years experience in customer service role
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite; CRM experience a plus
• Excellent attention to detail, with a professional, enthusiastic and warm phone presence
• Experience with consultative sales in a high-touch customer service environment preferred, but not required
• Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
• Illustrate the camper experience through the use of compelling narrative to camper families and prospective clients, while identifying opportunities to register for additional weeks of camp and add-on services.
• Respond to a high volume of phone and email inquiries while maintaining excellent customer service, 100% accuracy and incredibly prompt response time.
• Uphold Galileo’s highest standards of service while serving as the main point of contact for parents and staff, resolving inquiries and responding with empathy to concerns to build lasting relationships.
• Use Salesforce to accurately enroll campers and process refunds, cancellations, and session transfers.
• Assist with Galileo’s financial assistance program by working with teammates to review and award ~4,000 campers.
• Assist with camper outreach and retention initiatives to meet department and company goals.
Galileo’s mission is to create a world of fearless innovators. We think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks