We are a small, innovative, WASC accredited middle and high school with campuses in Albany and Walnut Creek. We offer U.C. approved courses one-to-one and in small groups. Our students cover the full range, from students who want to accelerate, to students who need to go at a slower pace for a variety of reasons. Our teachers enjoy working here and the work environment; we have very little teacher turnover. Teachers who do best at Tilden have the combination of subject-matter expertise in their area, enjoy working with teens, and are able to teach to a range of learning styles. If you join our faculty, you will be joining a group of vibrant, capable and very caring people. We offer benefits including health insurance, paid sick leave, and paid staff development hours.
We are currently seeking a humanities teacher for our Albany campus beginning on 4/8/19.
Minimum requirements for this job:
1) Bachelor's Degree, teaching credential is not required
2) Teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
3) Enthusiasm and positive spirit, and must enjoy teenagers
We currently need a teacher with the following subject matter expertise:
1) World History
2) United States History
7) Creative Writing
If you are interested in this job, please include the following as part of your application:
1) Resume, including references.
2) Cover letter briefly describing your qualifications for this position, your available hours to teach, and also specify the subject areas you feel comfortable teaching at a high school level.
3) Please list the subjects you teach in the Subject Heading of your email.
Culture & Perks