2 Immediate Openings in San Leandro / San Lorenzo / Hayward Area
Part Time OR Full Time - If part-time after approx 3:00 - 4:00 PM
We believe the key in creating an exceptional work environment is to treat our staff the way we would like to be treated. When you join Emerging Milestones, you join more than just a company – you are joining a Team. A team that will empower you to reach your milestones!
Emerging Milestones is looking for energetic and motivated team players to work for our clients with autism in the home settings in San Leandro and the surrounding areas. Emerging Milestones provides evidence-based behavioral therapy services. We offer exceptional intervention plans for children diagnosed with the Autism Spectrum and related disorders using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Highly competitive pay and depending on experience
- Health Insurance Benefits (Medical and Dental) for Full-time employees
Responsibilities and Duties
- 1:1 intervention services based on ABA principles for children 18 months - 12 years old
- Recording daily data for child's progress as per EM guidelines
- Social play groups with neuro-typical peers.
- Employee must communicate professionally with clients/ staff and be a team player.
- Must adhere to the principles of ethical practices and values, maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have or be pursuant of a degree in Psychology, Child Development, Health Services, Education, or related field
- Experience working with children (preferably children with special needs)
- Valid California driver's license and car insurance. Driving is required
- Must pass criminal background check (Clean DOJ/FBI record)
- First Aid/CPR Certification (if not training will be provided by EM)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) experience
- RBT or BCAT certified
- Experience working with young children with special needs
- Must pass TB test, and have up-to-date immunization record (as per EM requirements)
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, stand for up to 6-8 hours a day.
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting in order to observe, assess, and interact with clients.
- Occasional sitting and maintaining close visual attention to write reports and work at the computer.
- Ability to physically implement behavior management strategies including responding to physically aggressive behavior.
- Visual and auditory ability to work with clients, staff and others in the workplace continuously.
- Frequent driving (to and from office and client homes). Occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading toys and materials up to and including 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. used in home visits.
- Frequent exposure to disability disorders in clients; occasional emergency situation; occasional exposure to trauma; constant client contact and decision making; constant concentration required when working with clients.
- Frequent work inside client homes; occasional work in outdoor settings.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice (DOJ). The People & Performance Department must analyze DOJ/FBI live scan reports in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as fitness for the position.
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record and the ability to safely transport participants, if designated as a driver.
- Proof of current vehicle registration and safety check.
- Must pass health screenings, obtain vaccinations and clear TB testing based on company policies. Freedom from any communicable disease or medical conditions that would interfere with the physical requirements of this position. Current TB clearance is required.
- CPR certification.