This position provides leadership and direction for staff, ensuring smooth, friendly, and efficient operation of our Ferry Building Cheese Shop. Our ideal candidate loves cheese, is passionate about great customer service, and wants to help educate and mentor Cheesemongers.
What You'll Do:
• Uphold and model the highest standards of great customer service
• Provide leadership through goal setting, thoughtful feedback, coaching, and ongoing training
• Ensure shop is full and clean with beautiful displays at all times. You make sure the cheese takes center stage!
• Create and oversee weekly scheduling of shop staff
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Participate in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation
What You'll Do:
• At least 2 years of prior cheese industry experience is required. Also prior leadership experience in a Management or Supervisory role
•A keen eye for areas of opportunity for improvement and ability to successfully execute a plan
•An understanding of efficiency and process-oriented thinking
• Prior experience in foodservice and/or with POS systems is a plus but not required
• ServSafe Certified or within 30 days
• Weekend and holiday availability is a must!
Perks & Pay:
• This is a full-time, exempt position. Rate DOE
• Company-sponsored health, dental, Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid time off, and a 25% discount
• Bonus perks like swag to keep you warm, coffee & treats to keep you going, birthday gifts, and endless Cowgirl cheer!
For 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses by using milk from neighboring dairies and championing their local milkshed. Two decades, dozens awards, two creameries and two retails stores later, Cowgirl Creamery continues to help pioneer the American artisan cheese movement.
Culture & Perks