H.A.T.C.H. is looking for someone who enjoys working with people and bringing joy into their lives!
The H.A.T.C.H. program is a non-profit organization that is a vendor of Regional Center of the East Bay. H.A.T.C.H. has been serving those with developmental disabilities for over 50 years throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
We provide Socialization, In Home Day Program and Respite Services to those who have been referred to our program.
H.A.T.C.H. is currently looking to hire individuals to work with a clients who live throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
The hours would vary, depending on client's needs. All federal holidays are observed.
We work on many different goals for each individual client. Some goals may include community access, self-esteem, mental and visual stimulation, companionship, developing safety and independent living skills, all while providing a safe, engaging and nurturing environment.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with H.A.T.C.H. staff, families and Case Managers both verbally and in writing.
• Has knowledge of developmental disabilities. It's important to be flexible with daily activities and have patience. Some of our clients have challenging behaviors. So experience is would be necessary.
• Has the ability to carry out job duties, meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision. Possess the skills to exercise cultural competency and sensitivity, maturity and good judgment.
• Has the ability to effectively work collaboratively as part of the team in the office as well as the ability to work with a variety of potentially challenging behaviors.
• Excellent time management skills with a strong sense of responsibility.
The hours vary, depending each client each client is typically part time but there is the potential of having more than one client to work with separately, to increase the amount of hours worked.
Must be over 18.
A dependable and insured vehicle and a valid driver's license.
A strong background and work experience working with adults and children out in the community.
Ability to conduct and lead social activities with adults and children.
Roles and Responsibilities for working with our clients:
Provide supervision and activities to those with developmental disabilities. Write a daily report that reflects goals for each client. Other duties as assigned.
Please call 510-814-9422 for an application.We are looking to hiring someone by mid February. Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Help Another Toward Creative Happiness (H.A.T.C.H.) was started back in 1968 by Phyllis Kaplan, Ph.D. Phyllis started this program for one child with the intent to keep him safe and engaged in activities. The program took off from there and we continue to provide services to those who receive services through the Regional Center of the East Bay. We are always looking for those who have the desire to share their lives in order to enrich others.
Culture & Perks