POSITION TITLE: Research Associate
HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
SALARY: Salary range based on experience
RDA is a mission driven 30 year old consulting firm and our commitment to social justice permeates every aspect of our work. We provide consultation to city, county, and state agencies and non-profit organizations through the provision of planning, evaluation, resource and organizational development, data analysis, facilitation, and training and technical support. Our efforts are aimed at addressing persistent social, health and economic problems of populations served by public agencies. Learn more about our mission, services, and strengths-based approach to our work at www.resourcedevelopment.net.
Resource Development Associates is seeking a highly-motivated individual with strong quantitative and qualitative research and communication skills (verbal and written), who is committed to social and economic justice. Research Associates work as members of project teams with Program Associates and Senior Program Associates on a wide variety of issues including but not limited to evaluations, planning projects, and grant writing on juvenile and criminal justice, mental health, social services, foster care, public health and many other disciplines. The Research Associate position is an entry level position and can lead to other levels of employment.
▪ Participate in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis including conducting interviews and facilitating discussions; creating and administering survey tools; entering, managing and QA-ing data;
▪ Coordinate with city, county, and non-profit organizations to obtain data;
▪ Prepare PowerPoints and other materials for presentation at internal and external meetings;
▪ Conduct research on best practices and prepare literature reviews;
▪ Support senior staff by conducting research utilizing on-line sources, journal articles and reports, writing up summaries of researched materials, drafting reports;
▪ Review datasets to ensure understanding of data structure and meaning and to clarify assumptions, outcomes, and findings;
▪ Draft and finalize evaluation reports, strategic plans, grants, and needs assessments.
▪ Assist meeting facilitators and leaders of focus groups (including conducting outreach and organizing meetings, note- taking and charting);
▪ Work as a team member with other staff on multiple projects and efforts.
▪ Be able to understand and follow a work plan;
▪ Provide administrative support including data entry, general office tasks, etc; other duties as assigned.
▪ Master’s degree preferred.
▪ Competency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
▪ Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities
▪ Generous vacation and sick leave
▪ RDA sponsored life and AD&D insurance
▪ 401k, with RDA discretionary match after 2 years of employment
▪ Spanish language fluency is highly desirable;
▪ Display professionalism in the workplace and the field;
▪ Strong attention to detail and time management skills;
▪ Demonstrated experience in being a quick learner and self- directed.
▪ 100% RDA sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
▪ RDA sponsored long and short-term disability insurance
▪ Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit and parking expenses
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a writing sample to email@example.com. This job will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. RDA is an equal opportunity employer. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted.
As an equal opportunity employer, RDA is committed to equity and inclusion. Candidates from all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
RDA is a mission-driven consulting firm. Our commitment to social and economic justice permeates every aspect of our work. We believe that government, when partnered with community based organizations and consumers of service, can and does improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Our goal is to work with our clients and their communities to help them articulate, design, fund, implement, and evaluate their own best ideas.