University of Beer is hiring a Kitchen Manager & Assistant Kitchen Manager for our NEW Rocklin location coming soon!
Responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness.
• Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of University of Beer: to provide the most compelling craft beer experience possible by perfecting the simple touches that distinguish exceptional dining and drinking.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
• Work with restaurant managers to plan and implement menu and operation changes.
• Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition.
• Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
• Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Check the quantity and quality of received products.
• Ensure food is being presented in standardized and elegant manner.
• Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities.
• Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations.
• Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Assist General Manager in making employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies regarding personnel are followed, and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
• Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees.
• Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
• Assist General Manager with special events and occasions, such as parties, banquets, or events.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
• Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests' needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
• Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
We carry the beers that you can't get anywhere else. Our beer experts try thousands of different beers from hundreds of unique breweries. Our beer
rotate constantly. As soon as one taps out, something completely new takes its place.
We love beer so much that we brought it into the kitchen... what could possibly go wrong? Our contemporary american food is a tribute to the amazing flavors of craft beer.