The Logistics Manager will collaborate with the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, as well as the operations, brewing, retail and finance teams to manage the entire order cycle as to enhance business development.
Reports to: V.P. Sales and Marketing
Type: Full Time
● Execute distributor orders from inception to fulfillment including modifications, availability, arranging freight when necessary, creating packing slips & invoicing
● Work with events and marketing to ensure donation requests are fulfilled
● Work with retail team to enforce consistent ordering and keg returns. Communicate availability, new releases, etc.
● Manage and dispatch delivery drivers from San Leandro to retail locations, including developing SOPS & expectations
● Communicate weekly scheduling issues, trade-offs, constraints, necessary product triage, fulfillment issues, etc. within the sales department
● Coordinate with retail locations for beer orders and special events and develop schedule for drivers to ensure fulfillment at all retail locations
● Reconcile end of month Finished Goods inventory discrepancies
● Record all outgoing beer into software system (retail, distributor, employee beer, marketing samples)
● Price posting of new beers and price increases into software system
● Work with Finance to refine fulfillment/logistics features within software system
● Identify opportunities in the ordering process including soliciting longer order lead times & consolidated partner shipping efforts
● Achieve and maintain distributor inventory targets in top distributors and monitor R.O.S. by SKU and adjust upwards as needed
● 1-3 years of experience in logistics is preferred, but not required.
● Planning, analysis, execution/application, or reporting experience (preferably consumer package goods) will be considered.
● Four year college degree required, preferably in finance or business
● Knowledge of pricing and price promotion dynamics, preferably in a CPG, multi-tier pricing environment, and the ability to understand the long-term impact of pricing decisions a plus
● Experience in quantitative disciplines (e.g., statistics, applied economics, etc).
● Excellent spreadsheet skills and good relational database management skills
● Working knowledge of VIP a plus
● Strong Microsoft office skills – minimum advanced user
● Knowledge of financial planning processes (e.g., P&L mgmt.) a plus
*Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Eligible to participate in 401(k) – with employer match. Beer!
Drake’s Brewing Company is an urban craft brewery operating in San Leandro, California since 1989. Drake’s brewers have set the standard for West Coast Style ales with their unflinching dedication to brewing clean, high-quality, innovative, and often unapologetically hoppy beers