What are we looking for?
Manresa is looking for a customer service driven individual to manage a combined position of both restaurant host and reservations. The candidate must thrive in an "everything is in the details" type of environment and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidate must understand the importance of being the 'face' and 'voice' of the restaurant, representing our 3-Michelin stars.
Who Are We?
Manresa is a 3-Michelin starred restaurant located in Los Gatos. Manresa held two Michelin stars for nine consecutive years, earning the third star for 2016, 2017, and 2018. Manresa is also a Relais & Chateaux property, joining a group of prestigious properties and restaurants around the world.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. We offer competitive income with very generous tips, medical/dental/vision benefits, and meal discounts at our sister properties which include The Bywater and Manresa Bread.
Schedule & Hours
• Regular work week is Wednesday - Sunday. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
• Typical schedule is from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm, unless otherwise specified to accommodate special events, appointments, or reservations. Ability to work in addition to regular hours as needed.
Main duties: This position manages a combination of the restaurant's reservations and hosting duties such as, full-cycle reservations management, greeting and seating guests in a friendly, professional manner, and menu writing.
• Answer and respond to calls and emails about guest inquiries and reservation requests
• Make confirmation calls 72 hours in advance to a guest's reservation
• Ensure that all guests allergies and celebrations are noted accurately on the reservation
• Ensure that the office is equipped with daily operating supplies
• Prepare reservation reports for service
• Greet all guests in a pleasant, professional and welcoming manner
• Provide Captains with guest chits prior to service
• Assign tables to Captain stations in a fair and evenly distributed manner
• Say goodnight to guests at the door when they leave
• Keep a pulse of what is going on in the dining room and anticipate when guests are going to be leaving so that you are at the door with any coats, or other items
• Fully understand when to seat guests early and when it is not possible to seat guests early due to what is going on in the Kitchen and /or the Captain's stations
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service both internally and externally to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Effective time management, organization, multitasking, and prioritization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office Products.
• High school equivalent mathematical skills.
• Professional, neat and kempt appearance and hygiene.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear with guests and phone callers. Must be able to stand 100% of the time and carry up to 20-lb. at a time over medium distances. Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
Please visit our website at: www.manresarestaurant.com for more information.
Note: This is not a complete job description. We are an EEO employer
Culture & Perks