Responds to radio calls and provides Basic First Aid / Life Support as needed. Upholds the mission and values established the East Bay Zoological Society (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to radio calls and provides assessment of on-view situations associated with injury or illness.
- Provides Basic First Aid / Life Support as needed while determining whether Advanced Life Support is necessary.
- Contacts or confirms contact is made with Fire / Ambulance whenever Advanced Life Support is required and provides those responding with information regarding the victim.
- Maintains supplies in Facility First Aid and Disaster Kits.
- Monitors Fire Extinguisher readiness, certification, and placement.
- Assists in developing Disaster Preparedness Plans.
- Locates Lost Guests.
- Performs weekly tours of the Zoo / Park to document Safety Hazards.
- Recruits and trains new Volunteer E.M.T.’s.
- Professionally utilizes and exercises care for a hand held radio transceiver.
- NOTE; E.M.T.’s will limit the movement of effected areas when broken bones are suspected. Any repositioning or
- applying of splints is prohibited. E.M.T.’s will never administer prescription drugs unless requested to utilize that victim’s own prescription.
Public Safety related
- Extends professional courtesy and assistance to the public and other employees while immediately reporting dishonest ones.
- Prevents, points out, and reports illegalities and policy violations. Assists with Internal Investigations.
- Provides access at Zoo Entrances whenever possible while greeting and thanking Guests.
- Completes Daily Activity Logs.
- Initiates and writes Accident/Incident/Hazard Reports and various other documentation required to protect Zoo assets and liability.
- Conducts vehicle and foot patrols relative to opening and locking gates, Robbery Prevention, Public Safety, and Building Security.
- Participates in Rental Facility Event Security (optional).
- Sets and responds to alarms.
- Conducts, reports and logs: Gift Shop and Food Stand / Restaurant Receipt Checks, cashier ticket audits, stop sign ticket checks, lost and found items, etcetera.
- Performs and logs Cashier Ticket Audits / Stop Sign Ticket Checks.
- Conducts Employee Personal Property Checks, Food Stand Walkthroughs, and Break Room / Warehouse Checks.
- Performs Revenue Escorts.
- May serves as or relieve the Main Gate guard; assists in the control of Parking and Traffic Flow (with support of the Grounds Dept.). Places and retrieves traffic cones, temporary signs, and barriers.
- Monitors and reports Zoo and Employee vehicle excessive speed violations and improper or careless use of Zoo Equipment.
- Maintains post and vehicle cleanliness; controls litter zoo-wide.
- Cones off and issues rules to users of Picnic / Party Areas; clears / closes Zoo, Rides Area, Picnic / Party Areas.
- Finds and re-unites lost children with their parents / guardians.
- Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Over 21 years of age.
- State of California E.M.T. Certification.
- Clear Police Record.
- Must be able to problem solve and effectively read, write, and take directions in English.
- Must agree to utilize a time clock / hand scan to document personnel arrival and departure times as well as lunch periods.
- Must comply with a Dress Code that includes properly wearing a prescribed uniform and being neatly groomed.
- Must have a current California Driver’s License and maintain a good D.M.V. Driving Record (that satisfies the Zoo’s Insurance Carrier).
- Must be reliable, dependable, honest, courteous, and professional while ensuring confidentiality when necessary.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays unless otherwise authorized.
- Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts)
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. plus Certification referenced above.
- Current State of California Security Guard Card preferred.
3) Experience required:
- Patient / Customer Service experience
- Previous Security experience preferred.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.