At Three Stone Hearth our work is grounded in shared values of sustainability, community and health. Inspired by diverse cuisines, our weekly menus are prepared using the nourishing traditions approach to ensure maximum digestibility and nutrient absorption. We pack our foods in re-usable glass containers, compost waste, and purchase from local farms. Our mission is: We heal our community, our planet, and ourselves by building a sustainable model for community scale food preparation and processing that honors culinary traditions and provides nutrient dense foods for local households and beyond.
We are looking for a friendly and reliable person with retail experience and some knowledge in artisanal and nutritionally dense foods and products, to cashier in our Brick and Mortar store. The schedule would be Wednesday afternoons 3-7:30 pm, Thursday & Friday 12:00 - 6:00pm and Saturday 9:30 - 5:00pm. This position requires manual dexterity, standing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying. Qualified applicants will be outgoing with excellent communications skills.
We are looking for someone dependable with an ability to multi-task effectively and with strong attention to detail. Candidates must have good math and English skills, be able to stand for long periods of time (up to your full shift) and lift up to 20 pounds to shoulder height. Some accountabilities of the position:
• Receiving products from outside vendors
• Handling cash and credit card transactions: good arithmetic skills essential
• Customer service: understanding our POS (point of sale), online ordering and customer accounts systems
• Being able to communicate effectively with customers about Three Stone Hearth's philosophy of traditional foods
• Understanding and selling TSH house made and outside vendor products we carry
• Stocking and displaying products on shelves, keeping the store tidy and attractive
• Closing the store, and your register
About Three Stone Hearth
Community-supported kitchen offering health-focused, nutrient-dense food four days a week (Wednesday evening, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays) to the public. We also offer classes (currently virtual) centered around traditional foods and practices, detox and cleanse programs.
Community-supported kitchen offering health-focused, nutrient-dense food four days a week (Wednesday evening, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays) to the public. We also offer classes centered around traditional foods and practices.
Culture & Perks