Full time, day time baking position available; must be available weekend days and a 4am start time.
• Preparation of all baked items made on premise - cupcakes, scones, cookies, brownies, biscotti, granola bars, bread, roasted nuts for example - including dough and batter preparation, baking and frosting, according to recipes, yields, quality and time standards
• Retail packaging of baked goods as needed
• Clean-as-you-go work style for working coolers, prep tables, stoves and ovens
• Stock bakery case and retail shelves
• Fill wholesale orders accurately and timely
• Identify and communicate ingredients and supplies to be ordered
• Overall organization and daily cleaning of bakery kitchen
• 1-2 years commercial baking experience
• Food Sanitation Certified
• Pastry Training a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good verbal communication and teaming skills
• Ability to carry up to 15 lbs up stairs
• Ability handle up and downstairs
• Previous work experience exemplifying dependability, punctuality and flexibility, cost concern and safe food handling
If you like a position where you bake a broad range of baked goods, this one is for you! Southport Grocery and Cafe is boutique grocery and cafe serving breakfast and lunch. All menu items are made from scratch including preserving such as fruit preserves, mustards, fermented vegetable, soda syrup, pickles. Our food style reflects our tag line 'modern, simple and fun ' focusing on season, local and cross marketing with the grocery.
Please send resume.
Experience an exciting array of specialty food groceries and a charming café serving modern comfort food in the middle of the burgeoning shopping and dining destination that is the Southport Avenue corridor. Southport Grocery & Café captures the quality-focused, yet down-to-earth nature of its Lakeview neighbors. This same balance occurs in the café’s kitchen, with dishes that are at once modern and new, yet accessible and comforting.