Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 41 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 4,700 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Supportive Housing Services, the Support Services Manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of a portfolio of properties and staff. This position provides clinical oversight, program development, and administrative oversight to TNDC’s Social Work program.
· Provide clinical support and guidance to Supervisors and their staff.
· Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary service team and work in partnership with off-site service providers from outside agencies.
· Provide clinical consultation for social work staff.
· Provide clinical documentation consultation to staff.
· Coordinate and facilitate Case Conferences when appropriate.
· Organize and coordinate Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Cultural Humility, and ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) in-service trainings.
· Adhere to all HIPAA requirements.
· Develop new partnerships and relationships with outside service providers whose services may enhance on-site service delivery to TNDC tenants.
· In conjunction with the Associate Director of Supportive Housing Services provide assistance in assessing and developing new supportive services programs.
· Provide interdepartmental leadership and consultation to Property Management and Housing Development staff.
· Develop, revise, and implement program policies, procedures and best practices as outlined in Program and Service Integration Manuals.
· Manage and oversee program contracts.
· Ensure programmatic and staff compliance with all funding reporting requirements.
· Ensure maintenance of accurate and up-to-date individualized services records.
· Complete Annual Shelter Plus Care Progress Reports.
· Compile monthly, quarterly and year end reports.
· Manage assigned budgets.
· Create and participate in annual performance planning.
· Create and implement staff training schedules.
· Complete Annual Focal Point Evaluations for staff.
· Organize and facilitate team meetings.
· Coordinate in-services trainings for staff.
· Ensure compliance with data management systems.
· Attend all required meetings.
· Responsible for supervision of Social Work Unit staff.
· Participate in supervision as well as professional growth and development meetings with Associate Director of Supportive Housing Services.
· Respond promptly to after hour emergency calls.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Clinical and biopsychosocial assessment skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction.
· Demonstrated ability to use and practice the principles of Cultural Humility.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience working children, youth, and families.
· Analytical ability and skills to handle and trouble shoot complex clinical issues.
· Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work interdepartmentally with a high level of independence.
· Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
· Excellent crisis intervention skills.
· Demonstrated Initiative and creativity.
· Excellent and sound organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated capacity to work with a culturally diverse, low income population.
· Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
· LCSW or MSW pursuing LCSW; MS/MA pursuing MFT; LPCC or MS/MA pursuing LPCC; or MPH.
· 4 years of experience providing direct services to families with very low-incomes.
· 3 years of experience Supervising Social Work staff.
· Current working knowledge of community-based services in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area.
· Working knowledge of Government funding for Family Housing Projects, Federal Housing Subsidy Programs and Continuum of Care Programs.
· Working knowledge of DSM-V.
· Eligible to provide LCSW/MFT/LPCC Clinical Supervision to staff.
· Experience using the ONE System or other Homeless Management Information Systems.
· Bi-lingual – Cantonese/English or Russian/English or Spanish/English.
The Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housingand services for over 4,100 low-income residentsin 6 San Francisco neighborhoods, building community and promoting equitable access to opportunity and resources. Founded in 1981 by a few people in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco, TNDC now has 39 properties in its property portfolio and employs 319 people, some who live in TNDC affordable housing buildings.