Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 39 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 4,500 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity.
Under the supervision of Administrative Manager, Administrative Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the TNDC central office staff, focusing on the safety and well-being of TNDC employees.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support to Administrative Manager and Sr. Administrative Operations Manager, including expense reporting.
- Supports Administrative Manager with special events including monthly luncheon by planning and procuring for food, setting up venue, breaking down setups (e.g. chairs, tables and equipment) in meeting rooms and events.
- Assists in the operation of the Office Improvement Desk Program designed to improve the quality of work environment for the central office staff. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and logging requests in the database, tracking the status, researching and executing solutions, coordinating and communicating with the central office staff and external vendors.
- In addition, assists in the operation of the Outlook Global Address List Program designed to effectively update the Outlook database in a timely manner (e.g. new hires, exiting employees) and support new hires on boarding.
- Conducts Admin Orientation for new hires on a weekly basis.
- Assists in management of the central offices, including storage locations and office furniture/equipment. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing, categorizing, and taking inventory of items in storage areas and cabinets, in order to increase efficiency in the central offices.
- Responsible for purchasing standard office furniture, equipment and supplies as well as kitchen and cleaning supplies.
- Performs light maintenance duties for the central offices (e.g. repairs, moving furniture, furniture installations and assemblies).
- Responsible for procuring external vendors for maintenance duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organization skills and capacity to pay close attention to detail while being able to grasp the big picture.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects; flexibility and capacity to meet changing deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Especially proven experience and high proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook is required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Some knowledge and skills in IT-related matters (e.g. setting up computer equipment at workstations) is preferred
- Ability to use hand tools/power tools is preferred
- Able to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers with diverse background
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Positive and encouraging personality
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success