Sports Basement is looking for a rock star Marketer to maintain and improve our marketing approach. Sports Basement’s marketing team is a core part of our continued Bay Area growth and keeper of the brand. The Marketer supports and manages the in-store and field experiences of our community with the goal of introducing and driving new customers to our store, and creating Sports Basement advocates. The role includes building and managing community and school partnerships through our Basementeer program, identifying and attending community events and hosting in-store events that deliver a WOW-experience that delights attendees. The Marketer has amazing communication (written and verbal), an aptitude for event planning, demonstrated enthusiasm for our products & wellness, excellent organizational and time management skills, an eagerness to create partner programs that are a win-win and dynamite hosting.
- Work with the Store GM and Director of Marketing to drive store traffic and increase sales using SB’s toolbox as a guide.
- Leverage existing company, league and school partnerships with a focus on the School Basementeer Beneficiaries to broaden our win-win ethos.
- Identify and host amazing events that show Sports Basement to be “more than retail”.
- Represent Sports Basement at community events.
- Provide engaging content for social media campaigns and posts.
- Business Development: Identify, analyze and secure new partnership opportunities.
Qualities of a successful Marketer:
- History of effective, creative, and tactfully persistent communicator who can open doors and build partnerships.
- Aptitude for research and planning to negotiate and navigate partnerships to create win-win partnerships.
- A warm, genuine, personable, professional and fun demeanor that others delight in; embody the SB brand.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong listening & relationship skills.
- Aptitude for event planning and logistics.
- Attention to detail.
- Eagerness to develop analytical and problem solving skills so as to develop high ROI programs.
- SB Fit - Enthusiasm to work in Sports Basement’s unique company culture.
- Great multi-tasker.
- Flexibility and awareness to prioritize competing day-to-day activities to ensure that all management objectives are met.
- Knowledge of Sports Basement’s product, services, and departments.
- Exceptional leadership.
- Excellent time management. Able to organize and prioritize the workload.
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and high productivity.
- Insightful communicator -- able to identify when to ask questions.
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment.
- Committed to regularly work weekends and holidays depending on what the store and marketing programs require.
- Commitment to doubling-down and working the festive holiday season from Thanksgiving through mid January.
- Solid analytical skills and a basic understanding of retail financial measurements.
- Proficient in Google Docs.
- Access to a car.
Compensation & benefits:
Sports Basement offers a fun, challenging work environment that allows you to share your love of the outdoors with customers and co-workers. We’re an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career.
Starting wage: $15 to $23, based on experience, plus bonus and benefits (see below) DOE.
We also provide an outstanding list of benefits to staff so they can lead healthy, active, fun lives:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff)
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices… for life (you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Free airline miles program
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our “Out of the Basement” program
- Free use of our rental gear (subject to some guidelines)
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Free Long Term Disability insurance (full-time staff)
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.