Schedule and Salary
Days: Tuesday - Sunday
Hours: 8 Hours Per Day
Salary: 18.50 - 22.50 DOE
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs routine, intermediate and advanced, maintenance and repairs. Upholds the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the "Zoo") and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
- Performs routine, intermediate and some advanced construction, maintenance and repair of Zoo structures, vehicles, equipment and habitats.
- Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must possess skills in the safe use of tools and equipment associated with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and welding trades; ability to operate powered equipment normally found in maintenance operations
- Basic knowledge of general construction practices is required in some or all of the above listed skills.
- Excellent judgment, ability to follow detailed instructions, and leadership skills are necessary to complete projects/assignments and oversee Maintenance Assistants.
- Often works independently and with little supervision.
- Over 18 years of age.
- California Class C Drivers License.
- Ability to drive stick shift
- Good Driving Record (ability to obtain authorization from Zoo Insurance Carrier).
- Clear Police Record.
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and in all types of weather.
- Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts)
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to undergo training as needed
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- Trade School Experience a plus