Freewheel Brewing Company is a small, English style, brew pub in Redwood City, CA. We are looking for a part time Cellar Person/Brewery Assistant to join our team. This is an entry-level position, but there is potential to take on more responsibilities. It's a great, hands-on, opportunity for a motivated individual to learn all aspects of the brewing process. We're a tight-knit team, so everyone does a bit of everything!
• All functions related to cellar-work, including (but not limited to), washing/sanitizing casks and kegs, packaging of beer, tank transfers, gravity readings, and CIP.
• Transferring packaged beer to and from our warehouse
• Yeast management
• Malt milling
• Cleaning, organizing, and more cleaning!
• Following safety procedures and maintaining a safe work environment at all times
• Quality assurance, including detailed record keeping
• Representing the brewery at festivals and promotional events
• Occasional beer deliveries
• Assist on brew day
• Bartending shifts available, if desired
• Ability to work well with a team, including good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail while multitasking
• Ability to take direction and follow standard operating procedures
• Ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects safely, including 55lb sacks of malt, >100lb kegs
• Ability to bend, twist, crouch, climb ladders, and work in tight spaces
• Ability to work safely with chemicals, pumps, hot water and high pressure
• Flexibility with work tasks, hours and availability
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Hard working, self motivated, positive attitude
• Previous brewing experience or training desirable, but not necessary
• A passion for beer is a must!
Part time 15-25 hrs/week. Wage commensurate with experience.
FREEWHEEL IS AN ADVENTURE IN BREWING
Established in late 2012, we set off on our mission to brew top notch session
beers in the time honored tradition of English style cask-conditioned ales.
We brew and pour our beer at The Freewheel Brewery & Pub in Redwood City, CA.
In addition to delicious beers, our kitchen serves great English-inspired pub food with California flavor
that makes that hand pulled pint go down a treat.
And if a great pint and delicious food aren’t enough, join us for
the weekly pub quiz, live music, stand-up comedy, and other special events.